ad: Alphaant-1

Free iPhone/Android APP Web Based

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KY5U, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

I am working on it. The carousel was simple so I liked that. If you touch the "menu" icon, you get a regular text hyperlink menu. This was a link below the carousel and I moved it up into the carousel with the others. Perhaps I need to move it back so it will be more straightforward.

Thanks for the comment.

2. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Still didn't get a way to load on iPhone ?
    When I look at the site and hit menu , as I move down the page , it zooms in , near the bottom , the letters are much larger than the screen ?

3. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the info. I have loaded it on an iPhone 3 (not g) an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 4s and it works normally using the Safari browser. What model of iPhone and what browser are you using? Would love to fix your problem.

BTW, I have tested on Motorola, HTC, and Samsung Android Phones, the HP Touchpad running both WebOS/PalmOS and Android 4.0 (ICS) and 2.3 Gingerbread.

Also, it works on iPod Touch and iPad1 and iPad2. As I said, would love to fix your issue. It's fun making "one size fits all" apps!!

4. KD0CAC

My iPhone is the 4 , ver. 5.1 , on the AT&T system , I use Google to search .

My laptop is a MacBook 10.6.8 , this is the one that the menu options zoom as I scroll down the page .

5. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I get it. Although you can access the system from a computer, it was designed for the mobile devices. One of the necessities on the small screen was to use a big font, then allow the mobile device to scale down to address compatibility issues between phones. So, on a computer browser the app looks REALLY big. Lol!

That said, with the neat new netbooks, I am working on a PC version. Should be done in about a week.

6. KD0CAC

I seem to still be missing where to find with phone and download ?
    I did search with the phone within apps , and did not find .

7. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Use your web browser, and go to http://mobile.ky5u.net. The app is web based. Once you're on the app page, press the arrow Icon on your phone and select "save to home screen". You will then have an Icon which leads to the app.

8. KD0CAC

Woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning & couldn't back to sleep , turned on the rig and used one of the spotting apps on my phone , then checked email , used your suggestions and now I have it working on the phone , thanks .
    I'm always worried about using up the memory with apps , so was surprised to see it operate off the site .
    Then I go check my memory usage , and its almost all unused :)
    Thanks John

9. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job Charlie.

10. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Uncle George!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.