Free Ham Radio Smart Phone SIte

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KY5U, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Just what the world needs, another website, right? LOL!

Check out http://mobile.ky5u.net if you get a chance with your smart phone. It is a collection of links and apps for ham radio that will work on any smart phone with internet access.

The site is FREE and includes icon based access for national radar, lightning strikes, propagation data, a dx cluster mirror formatted for the small screen, a callsign lookup, a 10 ID minute timer, utc/zulu clock with selected city links for time and weather, links for ICOM, Yaesu, and Kenwood latest rig operating manuals, and a app that allows you to take free form notes and email them to yourself for storage.

I have been using it for a year and it's nice to have all that info available from one screen of icons. I thought others might like to use it. I am also open to any additions to the page, or if you have a neat HTML/Javascript based application, let me consider adding it.

I hope someone finds this useful.

Screenshot.png

P.S. The "webcam" is a live running monitor of my shack webcam. But try to ignore this downside, and try out the site anyway.... :)

2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

VERY nice!!

3. KS2AM

KS2AM Ham Member QRZ Page

Its a useful site, unfortunately it does not display well on a T-Mobile Wing (Windows Mobile 6.5) device. Text is too small to read on the main page and on the links that I tried.

4. K8PEZ

K8PEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am getting 403 - Forbidden

5. N3UPM

N3UPM Ham Member QRZ Page

Also a 403 for me. Looks like a great site, will use it if it works.

Edit: I can get to your regular site if I use "www.ky5u.net". If I try it on the iphone, I get a choice of "mobile" or "non-flash". Clicking either of these gives a 403. Hope the info helps.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  6. KJ6OJL

KJ6OJL Ham Member QRZ Page

403 now, worked last night from iPod touch.Same touch iPod same ISP 403 today.Possible firewall settings??

7. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, my bad. I had let the contract expire on the site, and I renewed it this AM. Sorry for the FUBAR! It just shows to go you how interesting it is to be me. Lots of effort to make the site "pretty" and get bitten in the bottom by a mosquito. It's a laugh a minute.... :) (BTW, the regular flash site uses a different server than the old non-flash site, and mobile.) Antway....

My wife, Joan is worse. I call her "Calamity Joan". She's a walking calamity looking for a place to happen. Looks like all these years of marriage made her rub off on me!! Or maybe it was something else. I'm just saying...

http://mobile.ky5u.net Try it again. Now has a user's manual and more Apps.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  8. N3UPM

N3UPM Ham Member QRZ Page

Works well now, thanks! Call lookup produces an error, though. Basically a repeat of the following (with varying line #'s): "Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/http/callook.info/mobile/index.php on line 44. "

Know how you feel!

9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, the host site has a problem.

10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I put up a front end for the regular callinfo site so it is somewhat usable. The mobile site has issues. I'm sure Joshua has his hands full...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.