ad: dxeng

Free Automatic IDer / Timer Software by KG4KGW Works with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KG4KGW, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KG4KGW

KG4KGW Ham Member

http://www.elevatedwire.org/AutoIder2.1/publish.htm

KG4KGW's Auto IDer
    This is an auto Ider I wrote in C# for use in interfacing with a radio transmitter and PC.

autoID20.jpg

This software is free to anyone who would like to use it. It is extremely simple to set up and operate. If you have a PSK31 or MMSSTV interface then you're ready to hook it up directly to your radio already. Just set the COM Port and your ID, as well as the interval you would like the auto Ider to identify your station.

I wrote this software initially for a friend and I who do late night local 10 meter rag chewing. I got tired of keeping track of the time and thought this would be useful to others as well. I've posted it before, but never got any feedback on the software. I'd love to hear how you like it, how easy it was for you, and what features you feel it may need or improvements that are needed. It will always be FREE. I'm into ham radio for the fun and nothing more. This has been the most rewarding hobby I could have ever imagined.

Some people may experience a warning from antivirus programs such as AVAST that the software is little known or unsigned. The software is harmless, just make sure you get it from ElevatedWire.org and not an untrusted site.

The software checks for updates whenever it is loaded. These are few and far between as I've not had any issues with it since the last update.

Please give some feedback!

KG4KGW ~ Brian

2. W4PWB

W4PWB Ham Member

Good software. I love it. This works great on my FT-857D with rascal interface. No problems, interference, just a great software. No worries.

If this were a pay for program I would gladly pay for it.

Phil W4PWB

3. KG4KGW

KG4KGW Ham Member

Seems IE has an issue with opening the program. Works fine with FireFox. I'll try to find the source of the problem and will update it if needed. Thanks.

4. N1BHH

N1BHH Ham Member

Works pretty good for me. Comes in handy when conversing with my friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.