ad: HamHats-1

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 103

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK6FLAB, May 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VK6FLAB

VK6FLAB Ham Member QRZ Page

foundations-of-amateur-radio_300.jpg

What if the radio spectrum was a data source?

The evolution of Amateur Radio is a constantly changing landscape. I've previously described the transition from spark-gap to surface-mount and the ongoing progression of inventiveness that brings this amazing hobby together with the leading edge of science and technology.

Foundations of Amateur Radio is a weekly podcast about the hobby of Ham Radio. Listen via iTunes by searching for my callsign, VK6FLAB, tune in to your local news broadcast, or download your copy from the web-site at http://podcasts.itmaze.com.au/foundations/

De Onno VK6FLAB

2. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yet another Click Bait headline disgusting an ad as an article.

KH6RK likes this.
  3. VK6FLAB

Thanks for the click. If you're interested in the topic, the podcast audio is two more clicks away.

You could subscribe to the podcast feed itself a then they'd play without clicking, but then we wouldn't have been able to have this wonderful little conversation.

OH2FFY likes this.
  4. KK4HPY

KK4HPY Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately this really is a clickbait because I never got to that article, it just goes to a big page with a bunch of other stuff on it.

5. VK6FLAB

I'm confused, are you not able to scroll to the end of that linked page and find Episode 103, "What if the radio spectrum was a data source?"

The "bunch of other stuff" are the other 102 episodes of this same podcast.

OH2FFY likes this.
  6. K4KKQ

K4KKQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Onno,
    It is as you wrote, " the limits of your mind as the only barrier ".

7. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

The electromagnetic spectrum is already considered a source of data I think... with the capability of current SDRs to capture and record wide swaths of the spectrum is already being done... I'm sure the NSA and other intelligence agencies are already mining this data for whatever they find useful or interesting... anything sent out into the atmospheric infrastructure we use is fair game.... There's always someone listening.