Fortex HF moible antenna

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by WD5IKX, Aug 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WD5IKX

WD5IKX Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently acquired this Fortex 8010 "Stealth" HF mobile antenna coil. I am looking for any info about Fortex antennae and the company and the ham that made them. I am also curious as to how many were made and when they were produced etc. I would like to hear from anyone who still runs one and I hope someone may still have some ads, catalogs, specs and instruction manuals etc that I could get copies of.
    WD5IKX Bug Terminator-4-Lbl.jpg WD5IKX Fortex HF coil-2.jpg

"Curious minds want to know" (^8

John WD5IKX/m

NH7RO likes this.
  2. K0BG

K0BG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. WD5IKX

Yeah...Fortex has been out of business for some time and there is very little on the web about them too. I have a list of issues of CQ magazine that mention them that I am attempting to track down. Hopefully someone with more info will see this thread. I am hoping to find out more about this little bit of ham radio history.

When it cools off I will be experimenting with a cap hat I built.

John WD5IKX / m

NH7RO likes this.
  4. WD5IKX

The band conditions on 20 meters did not seem to good today but I still managed to work Brazil and the Canary Islands. Both DX operators congratulated me on making the contact from a mobile. The propagation must have been better than it sounded and the antenna must be working pretty well since my signal report was about the same as all the fixed stations.

John WD5IKX / m