ad: elecraft

FORT WAYNE, IN HAM FEST

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by K9FW, Nov 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K9FW

K9FW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Went on Sunday 13, November. Very MANY tables empty. Not much happening. Was told Saturday it was really busy. Guess I went on the wrong day. Al K9FW

2. W8AN

W8AN Ham Member QRZ Page

Ft. Wayne used to be a very good, LARGE hamfest. Then they closed the basement room. Then the upper floor room was sectioned off into a smaller and smaller area. Last time I went there, after traveling over 100 miles, gas price was over $3 a gallon, they charged me $10 to park plus $6 entry fee. I haven't been back.
    The parking fee is a real killer at that venue (Allen County War Memorial Coliseum). Apparently others have discovered the high price isn't worth it.
    Perhaps it's time for ACARTS to find a better location for their expo.

3. K9FW

You must have driven an RV. Car parking fee was $4 at that time, now $5. The entry fee is $6 for Sat and Sunday. $3 for just Sunday.

Yes, it is a lot smaller than it used to be. Seems that is the way of most Ham Fests in these days of a lot of internet sites selling Amateur items.

Al K9FW

4. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

fact they charge for parking, then tap the person for getting in the door. keeps me away.

5. K9FW

The club does not charge for parking, the venue does. They charge this parking fee for all events.

K9FW

6. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

might be time for another venue.