ad: cq2k-1

Former K1MAN, Belgrade Lakes Maine, Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K4KYV, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

That is purely informational, and as much as I think Baxter was a lawbreaker, I think the ARRL did well to inform us.

K3XR likes this.
  2. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell him to hurry and get his General then start a net on 20/40 meters. He could call it the Glenn Baxter Memorial Net.

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee.....almost makes you nostalgic. :)

4. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't say I am saddened by his passing. I mean, the guy had my old callsign on the Na**... er... NERD listing portion of his website over 10 years ago. A listing of people who called him out on his shenanigans via these forums, so he had a grudge list of some of us posted there. So with hearing too of Tolassi being SK and now Baxter. I hope we start to see some of the trash subside. But, I fear there will be others who will take their places soon enough. Now, there are some others (some who will remained unnamed) who should be dropping from old age/past life choices anytime. Their cancerous influence can't end soon enough!

6. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Word is that he was dying not too pay them.That's the former holder everyone knew as Baxter. It also shows the high standards of the ARRL & another reason I have not & will not renew my membership at any price.I won't miss the 70 plus pages of ads each month since I have an HRO & DX Engineering Catalog for shopping purposes.The ARRL is a waste of time & money.

Clayton
    W4KVW

7. WB2CAU

WB2CAU Ham Member QRZ Page

Reports of this ham's death might be just a bit premature: https://www.qrz.com/db/W4BHV

At least he isn't listed as SK on QRZ.

8. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Flush twice so they don't pop back up in the bowl.

WF9Q likes this.
  9. K0WVM

There are a few sources out there that have said Tolassi went SK approximately last September, due to a Cancer related disease. One of those ham sources stated they stopped by the address listed and Tolassi's wife told the ham that David passed away last fall. Other sources say he moved from the listed QTH address to a location in SC, without updating his address with the FCC.

Now, unless his wife is covering for him or she hasn't notified the FCC he is SK and he went "off the grid," I certainly have not heard him active in a while on a certain HF frequency. In that case, I would tend to give some credence to him taking that permanent dirt nap. This also brings up the question of how quickly QRZ admin updates the statuses of the BANNED users who may have departed this life.

10. VE1ELK

VE1ELK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup,just like kz8o,they won't collect but what about k3vr,will they get anything outta him and how many others like the one over in calif who bugs the warfan net

11. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think it maters if you are banned.

You automatically become banned when you pass away. :eek:

K8PG, K0WVM and K3XR like this.
  12. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

If I can not find an Obituary I normally will Not change the Status of a Call Sign to Silent Key.

Send me an email of the Obit. Please.

13. K0WVM

If I find one, I will get it to you. I am focusing on Georgia and SC for obituaries...

14. W3DUB

W3DUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Now just two more American lids to go and 20m will be much quieter.. one just got sued by the FCC for not paying his fine.

On the big fines it sure appears the FCC is not backing down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.