Former K1MAN, Belgrade Lakes Maine, Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K4KYV, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Come to think of it, they could collect on his estate now that he's deceased.

K8PG and N2EY like this.
  2. NW1B

NW1B Ham Member QRZ Page

I can not believe that the ARRL had an article about him on the home page. So many honorable Hams that we could feature on the home page and they pick this.
    disgraceful..

W4KVW, AC0OB and WF9Q like this.
  3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Having read the article in question on the ARRL page it's far from a glowing account of the man's life and appears to be factual to the extent I have followed the reports on this individual over the years. At the end of your life you can be remembered for being famous or infamous both can be newsworthy attributes.

K8PG likes this.
  4. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't hear about Guernsey. Wow.

5. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Write to them in protest.

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

That is purely informational, and as much as I think Baxter was a lawbreaker, I think the ARRL did well to inform us.

K3XR likes this.
  7. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell him to hurry and get his General then start a net on 20/40 meters. He could call it the Glenn Baxter Memorial Net.

8. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee.....almost makes you nostalgic. :)

9. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

10. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't say I am saddened by his passing. I mean, the guy had my old callsign on the Na**... er... NERD listing portion of his website over 10 years ago. A listing of people who called him out on his shenanigans via these forums, so he had a grudge list of some of us posted there. So with hearing too of Tolassi being SK and now Baxter. I hope we start to see some of the trash subside. But, I fear there will be others who will take their places soon enough. Now, there are some others (some who will remained unnamed) who should be dropping from old age/past life choices anytime. Their cancerous influence can't end soon enough!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.