ad: elecraft

Forces behind 11 year solar cycle found

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KK7Y, Jun 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KK7Y

KK7Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Syncopation and Synchronicity.

Very interesting! Thank you for posting.

Got me thinking though...

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Here's a 'what if' to think about.

What if the orbital speeds of the planets have been 'nudged' into place over billions of years because of the oscillation in the Sun? They are running at the RPM due to the influence of the Sun.

That puts the oscillation in the plasma of the Sun as affected by a yet larger, more obscure, force, or set of forces.

Kinda the reverse of the chicken or the egg?

After all, the Sun WAS there first, it OWNS the frequency!

3. WR2E

Perhaps something like the 'supermassive black hole' at the center of the Milky Way?

4. WR2E

5. KK7Y

I'd bet the authors are correct, and the major effect is the planets' gravity influencing the plasma "tide" on the sun's surface. Just as our ocean's tides probably don't determine the orbit of our moon to a large extent. But who knows? I'm just tickled to have run across that article, because since getting my ticket I've wondered why the cycle was 11 years. I'm surprised it took anyone that long to figure out, since we've known about planetary orbits since Copernicus.

6. WR2E

I wouldn't.

The universe is much too large to presume that alignment of three tiny specks are THE ONLY possibility.

Just because there's an apparent cause and effect is not proof.

The authors are aware of this too. If you read the article carefully, they are not drawing conclusions, merely pointing out the congruence they've seen, only pointing out a possibility.

7. WR2E

I would like to add;. I'm neither dismissing nor embracing the idea. I am keeping an open mind.

This is the most important thing in any scientific endeavor.

K5VZD and AC0OB like this.
  8. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's an Hypothesis so let's see if further data supports it.

Pheel

WR2E likes this.
  9. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep in mind that Jupiter, the largest planet, has 1/1000th the Sun's mass. The Sun is yuuuuge.

10. NX6ED

NX6ED Ham Member QRZ Page

The cycles of the sun are caused by earth's global warming... Save the girl, save the sun...
    ;);););););)

11. KK7Y

My profession has saying, "if you hear hoofbeats, it's usually horses, not zebras "

12. WR2E

OK... this begs the question: Do you raise horses?

13. N4RRR

N4RRR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I took a physics class back in the 90s and they were discussing alternative electronics, AC and DC theory. The parts if how it charges in spikes as the earth and sun polarities change. The earth is every 22,000 years and the sun is every 22 years. Causing a spike every 11 years causing the solar flares to spike every 11 years. Then I said in an out loud voice "ah ah!" And had to explain that I was a ham and every 11 years the radios go crazy and that radio waves go farther and we can hear different parts if the world's at those 11 year spikes. I got an A in that class!

14. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Venus-Earth-Jupiter, huh? So it's a giant VEJ-o-matic! :cool:

N1VAU likes this.
  15. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I figure it is the planets , any other mass is getting too far away to affect the sun .
    As the distance between the aun and the surface of the planets increases, the force of gravity decreases. This relationship is true in all cases: as the distanceincreases between any two objects, the gravitational force gets much smaller very fast in an inverse square relationship.