Flex Signature Radios

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by NB8F, May 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VE3VRW

VE3VRW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As long as MacLoggerDX and the virtualized Windows SmartSDR are on the same LAN they will work together - of course you won't get the DXCLuster spots on the Windows client as you will with dogparkSDR. 73 de VE3VRW

2. W5KV

W5KV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, I've got the 3000 model, as I understand it DogParkSDR only works with their signature series (at least I thought)

I'm reading that PowerSDR has some DXCluster functionality in it. Just wanted to keep everything on the Mac if I could!

Thanks!

3. VE3VRW

VE3VRW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Correct dogparkSDR is 6000 series only.

W5KV likes this.
  4. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Just as a reminder with Parallels...

When you have the Windows "side" running, when you connect a USB device Parallels will ask you which platform you want to govern it, PC or Mac; it may be worthwhile to disconnect the radio, launch Parallels (and Windows), connect the radio, then select PC; it'll then assign the necessary/available port(s) and driver(s).

5. W5KV

W5KV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the tips on virtualization!

I actually found a dedicated desktop (windoze) computer I was able to install the firewire card flex gave me in a pci-e slot. Figured having a dedicated computer for a Flex wouldn't be a bad thing!

Got PowerSDR installed from KE9NS website, only to realize after the fact that your supposed to install the original PowerSDR from Flex first!