ad: elecraft

Flex Signature Radios

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by NB8F, May 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NB8F

NB8F Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So I always find it hard to find software that supports the Flex radios for Mac. I thought it would be good to create a list that could be updated.

Logging:
    - MacloggerDX

SDR:
    - dogparkSDR

Add more by commenting, on how you use your Flex with the Mac and lets get more products listed here.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

dogparkSDR for the Signature Series
    http://dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR.html

3. NB8F

NB8F Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As a note, a new version of dogparkSDR has been released. v1.04 is now available for download.

5. KB1QU

KB1QU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,
    I just got a Flex 6500 and I'm running it with Parallels/Window 10. Going over to the dark side and using Windows make my knees wobble. The radio works great in this environment and the SmartSDR spread out across the iMac monitor looks great. I'm having trouble with some of the I/O issues...both audio/DAX and reconciling the windows com ports, the Flex virtual com ports and trying to connect to USB devices that live on the Mac side. For example, I'm setting of Fldigi. It was fairly easy to set up com port communication and rig control, frequency exchange etc works. The Fldigi configurator Audio tab should let you select DAX I/O through Port Audio, but it is greyed out. This may be a parallels/Windows issue. I've get Fldigi running fine on the Mac side. I'd love to hear from others who have worked through these issues.

6. K3DCW

Are you running Fldigi in the Windows 10 VM, or in OS X? I don't believe you'll be able to get Fldigi to connect to the DAX audio channels in the VM if you're running Fldigi in OS X. Try running it under Windows 10 as well and you should be able to connect right away.

You may be able to setup Parallels to share the DAX channels with OS X, but I have never tried that.

BTW, have you tried the OS X-native dogparkSDR? Works great and you can setup virtual audio channels in OS X using something like Loopback to port audio between Fldigi and dogparkSDR. Use MLDX to control the rig and to pass freq data to Fldigi and you're all set.

7. KB1QU

Thanks for the response, Dave. I am running Fldigi in Windows 10 VM. I was able to run it successfully in OS X with another radio in the past. The Fldigi config audio tab doesn't see any sound card and therefore I can't assign port audio. I am running the radio in remote mode and I hear audio through the Speakers (Parallels Audio Control). I have the radio sending Audio to DAX 1...but can't see it in Fldigi as above. I have tried setting Windows audio to a few other sound options such as DAX Reserved Audio Rx 1 without success. I'm guessing I'm just not routing the audio properly at this level.

I have dabbled with dogpark sdr, but not enough to really be familiar with it. I am setting the 6500 up as a remote base and I first wanted to get everything working on Windows and with Maestro. I enjoy contesting and I leave the dogpark world for that and either use N1MM under windows, or Rumlog under OS X.

8. K3DCW

To run Fldigi in OS X and SmartSDR/DAX in a Windows VM, you'll have to see whether you can make the DAX audio device available to OS X from the VM: check the Devices menu and the Hardware setup in the Config section of the VM to see if the DAX sound devices can be shared with OS X. I haven't tried to do it and I'm not sure it is possible, but that's the only way OS X will be able to see the Windows DAX devices: if they're shared from the VM to OS X.

9. KB1QU

I'm really not trying to run Fldigi under OS X. I'm running it in the Windows 10 VM. I'm just trying to figure out getting Parallels audio, Windows audio, and DAX all working together.

10. W5KV

W5KV Ham Member QRZ Page

Bumping thread, but is it possible to run the Flex radio software under virtualization on a Mac & run MacLoggerDX outside of the virtual platform on the same mac? Or would be clicking between the two be a pain (i.e. during contests)