ad: elecraft

Flea Market, Exhibits Online Sales Open for Hamvention

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Feb 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8HJR

W8HJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Online sales for flea market and inside exhibit spaces for Hamvention 2018 are now available. Vendors who had spaces last year are encouraged to log into their accounts to reserve those spaces. The online sales were delayed when adjustments in plans were needed after it became apparent that an additional building could not be built before Hamvention . The addition of Building 4, which not available last year, also made additional inside exhibits possible.

The committees for both the flea market and inside exhibits have been working hard to respond to vendors as quickly as possible. Hamvention General Chairman Ron Cramer, KD8ENJ, asked vendors to be patient once they have entered their information for 2018. "The staff is working to confirm requests as quickly as possible," he said, "Additional emails or information requests will only slow the process."

Inside exhibits Chairman Brian Markland, N8UDQ, said that any exhibitor who completes an online order for the same spaces by April 15 will be guaranteed those spaces. He noted that vendors who were in tents during Hamvention 2017 will have the option of keeping tent spaces or entering the pool for the additional spots in Building 4, the former furniture store. "Since we expect more people to want to move to the building than there are spaces, we determined that a lottery was the only fair way to assign those spaces." Vendors staying in tents during 2018 will be moved inside in 2019 when the new building is available, he added.

Layouts inside tents may change slightly because of moving some vendors to Building 4 and addressing some issues discovered during 2017 but any tent vendor affected will be contacted by the exhibits committee.

Both Cramer and Markland urged vendors to read the 2018 rules and instructions before starting their registration process. Incomplete or incorrect applications only slow the process. Anyone having a problem with purchasing a flea market or inside exhibit space or tickets, is advised to contact the appropriate committee by email: fleamarket@hamvention.org, exhibits@hamvention.org or tickets@hamvention.org. Emails to any other email address will only slow the process.

Cramer thanked those who have already purchased spaces and tickets and said the committee is working hard to make the second year at the new location, even better than the first.

YD7MHA and K9PLG like this.
  2. W1UO

W1UO Ham Member QRZ Page

I checked the on line reservations yesterday to buy a flea market space and it showed all flea market spaces already occupied (green). Filled in one day?

3. KC2PMM

KC2PMM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For some reason it did that last year also, IIRC. Once you get your spot(s) then your name or call goes on those spots, IDing them as yours. But I think they all come up as one of the committee members call signs first. I think it's because they give people who had spots last year first dibs on the same spots for this year, up until April 15th. After that, they open the unsold spots and spots people from previous years did not purchase.
    I have to read this years rules, it sounds like there are changes from the tone of this posting.
    But, yes, I agree, that's a confusing map, when it has the same call for almost all the spots.
    What's tough for me is the waiting, lol.
    KC2PMM

K2HAT likes this.
  4. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

Why is it not first come first served? Defacto reservation is not right.

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, they WERE there first:)

Much like a hotel reservation at the Crown Plaza....prior room holders get first dibs....

6. W4BRX

W4BRX Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, sent my request in some time ago, not a peep from the reservation manager. Why not retain a third party vendor and sell the spaces just like one buys concert tickets? Jim W4BRX

AD0JA likes this.
  7. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Yesterday March 11, 2018; I renewed "paid for" the same Flea Market spot as I had last year, rather than take a chance of it being sold to another party. :)

I am glad to be able to go to the same spot as I had last year. I had thought about getting 2 spots next to each other,
    and realized that just one space is ok to share with a Friend.

8. KC4HNX

KC4HNX Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell me a Hotel you could stay at. A nice one close. And phone number thanks KC4HNX

9. KD8YQC

KD8YQC Ham Member QRZ Page

K2HAT and N0YG like this.
  10. K2HAT

I booked my room in August.

Expedia and look at the ratings, do NOT stay at anyplace below a 3 rating.

The Hotel I am staying at, sold out before Dec 1st. ;)

Do not wait much longer or you might pay $150+ a night Or drive 2 hours.

11. K2HAT

Here is one sold out already

Attached Files: