fldigi new user (OS X)

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KD5TTZ, May 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD5TTZ

KD5TTZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Morning,
    I have decided to try and use fldigi on my Macbook Air.
    I think that I have everything setup correctly, (audio/Serial).

When I send anything via CW/Digital mode, the unit will key and send the selected mode.
    What doesn't happen is releasing the PTT command.
    Here are my current settings for fldigi/KX3, maybe someone who has had the same issue and enlighten me.

Thanks,
    kd5ttz

Attached Files:

2. K8AJS

K8AJS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't encountered this particular issue, but one thing I noticed in your settings, the rig settings for the K3 should specify 2 stop bits, according to the manual. I don't know if this will make a difference, but it's worth a try [shrug].

Hope this helps.

John K8AJS
    jbastin1@me.com

3. K8AJS

K8AJS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KD5TTZ

No worries, glad you replied. I think the issue was the CW macro. I edited the macro and it seems to be working correct now.

Thanks!!

5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm glad you got it working. Let me recommend that RigCAT interface rather than Hamlib. Since the RigCAT interface structure is developed and maintained by the team that does the entire Fl* suite, it works better than anything else for rig control when using Fldigi.

You simple need to download the XML definition file for the KX3 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/xmls/elecraft/KX3.xml/download) and place it in the Rigs folder within your Fldigi configuration folder. Select "Use RigCAT", select the XML and the appropriate Port Setting and everything should just work with no issues.

Of course, since you have Hamlib working, you may not want to change, but it is an option.

6. KD5TTZ

Radio is quiet today, I may just give it a go.

Thanks,
    KD5TTZ

7. WU7X

WU7X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

“fllog-” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

This is actually what shows up in the box when I tried to open FLlog

8. KQ5S

KQ5S Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to system preferences. Click on Security and Privacy. Click on General. Change Allow apps downloaded from to Anywhere. Y0u may have to click on the lock at the bottom right of the screen to allow you to change the settings.

Tom
    KQ5S

9. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This is one approach, but it does bypass some system protections of OS X.

The other solution is to simply right-click (or equivalent on trackpad) on the Fllog .app file and select "Open". It will ask you if you're sure since the program doesn't have a signature. Say 'yes' and it will open. Once you've done the first time, it won't ask you again, so it will be click and start as normal.

10. AF7ZA

AF7ZA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for this post Dave. Although it's old it really was helpful for correctly configuring my IC718. I was missing the definition.

K3DCW likes this.