FLDIGI and High Sierra - Incompatible

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K8GRR, Oct 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K8GRR

K8GRR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just upgraded my OS from Sierra to High Sierra v 10.13, and neither FLDIGI nor FLRIG will talk to my Kenwood TS570D (with Signalink USB sound card). They worked fine before the upgrade. The icon for FLDIGI in my Dock now has a question mark over it.

After finding that FLDIGI and FLRIG no longer work following the upgrade to High Sierra, I updated to what I believe is the most current version of FLDIGI: 4.0.11. I have not look for updates to FLRIG.

Is there anything I can do configuration-wise - or do I have to wait until FLDIGI and FLRIG catch up with High Sierra?

Thanks,

Brian K8GRR

PS I have the same problem with WSJT-X

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Both Fldigi and Flrig work just fine with High Sierra. You may have to "reauthorize" the apps to run with the Gatekeeper protection in place (go to Applications, right click on the Fldigi app, and select "Open". When it asks if you're sure, say yes.)

The SignaLink is only a sound device. You should select USB Audio Codec in your soundcard setup in Fldigi in order to use it. It has nothing else to do with Flrig/Fldigi not talking to your TS570D.

Now, how do you have the CAT control configured for Fldigi/Flrig? A USB-Serial cable or something similar? Odds are the driver didn't load. One thing you can check is to see whether there are updated drivers for that device. Sometimes simply unplugging the device and plugging it back in will cause the drivers to load. Also, you SHOULD go to your Security and Privacy settings in System Preferences. Look at the General tab. Near the bottom should be an option that says something like "Some system software was blocked from loading". If that is present, hit "allow" and choose the software. This has been a problem with some of the built-in USB CAT ports in rigs using the SILabs chipset.

download.png

Then what makes you think this is a Fldigi and Flrig problem? For the record, WSJT-X v1.8 rc2 and rc3 work just fine as well on High Sierra.

3. K8GRR

K8GRR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

I downloaded and installed a new Silabs driver and now FLDIGI and FLRIG appear to be functioning normally.

WSJT-X is also now talking to Signalink and my radio. Before downloading the driver I also unplugged the Signalink from the Mac, restarted the Mac and then plugged it back in. The curious thing now is that instead of both input and output both being labeled "Audio CODEC" , output is now labeled "Audio CODEC 1" and input is labeled as "Audio CODEC 2" in the Midi Setup. This doesn't seem to affect how things function and they both appear simply as "Audio CEDEC in the FLDIGI "Audio Devices" configuration page.

Thanks,

Brian K8GRR