ad: Radclub22-1

First Use of ALE for Armed Forces Day

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KQ6XA, Mar 27, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB2HSH

KB2HSH Ham Member QRZ Page

In other words...NONE

2. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't ya just love The Zed? A wonderful melting pot where normal people can come together in the same wonderful page as haters, and share a common thread :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  3. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't have ALE gear, but I'll see what I can do with SSB. 6 year U.S. Navy veteran.

4. KQ6XA

5. N4QA

N4QA Ham Member QRZ Page

6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

isn't she the same person that (incorrectly) thinks 60 meters is just for EMMCOM? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...v2yOrsjy3iSkFyYKdR6OpAQ&bvm=bv.89381419,d.aWw

<big style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">she is an "International Coordinator" for the HF Frequency Coordination Committee, HFLINK</big> , and should have that information..

7. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Touche Bonnie;-)

Chip W1YW

9. KB2HSH

Yep. She sure is. And it's not about being a "hater", Bonnie. It's about the fact that year or so, you attempt to promote your useless little mode...or say something silly, such as the 60m thing...or try to grab more frequencies for your ALE sounders. And if one travels to your HF-ALE site, you see that there is an ALE store where...you guessed it...people can BUY stuff.

So...Bonnie...tell me...during the horrendous weather in Asia last year...did ANYONE pass ONE PIECE of traffic via this "important mode"? From the observations I've done, it's a self-gratification mode.

10. W7TRD

W7TRD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This would be a great test being that our department here at work is installing an HF/ALE system as well.

11. KQ6XA

12. KB2HSH

13. WU6K

WU6K QRZ Lifetime Member #315 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

John, how did you request QSL cards? I'm planning to try to work some of the military stations for the first time this weekend.

73 de Jim - AI6CN

14. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you're in the log and your address is good on QRZ, you should get a card.

(However, since the XBT operations are handled by volunteers with little/no budget... Sometimes things don't go as planned.)