ad: M2Ant-1

Finally Qualified for WAS via Mobile

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by NO6O, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
  1. NO6O

NO6O Moderator QRZ Page

I needed Vermont and Rhoad Island to finally qualify for WAS via my 100-watt mobile station only. The New England QSO Party came through for me! At first, I couldn't hear any east coast stations from here in Santa Barbara, CA. However, after a few hours, everything changed. I found Vermont coming in strong, and they came right back to me. Then, I found Rhoad Island was the next station up the band, and had an easy contact within a minute later. I wanted to see whether I could contact each state from my car, and I'm finally done. It's been a long pursuit, because I usually have only a few hours per month available for air time. Now I can focus on DXCC via mobile. I have almost 60 countries confirmed so far. This has also been a long pursuit.
  2. W0DV

W0DV Ham Member QRZ Page

Rhode Island is a tough one. Congrats on the WAS.
  3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations, Michael. I've got WAS Digital (fixed station not mobile) and still need RI on Phone, along with DE and NJ. Thanks for the PSK31 QSO and your card!
  4. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on WAS, but remember that all contacts for WAS need to be made (when you are) within a 50 mile radius... hope you did that while mobile.

Vermont was my last one too, btw.
  5. NO6O

NO6O Moderator QRZ Page

Thank you for the PSK31 contact. I sometimes get concerned reactions when I am PSK31 mobile, as if I'm doing some dangerous texting while driving! I'm always parked.
  6. NO6O

NO6O Moderator QRZ Page

Yep. All contacts have been within my town, while parked at the beach, in the mountains, or in my driveway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.