few questions,7300

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by W9WQA, Mar 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

i bought early, and yes paid the price, but worth it.i started learning it but got sidetracked off/on for a couple years . so im starting over going thru all functions..on page 3.4, auto tuning step function, doesnt work as printed. not a big deal but curious.
    also should i look at up grades in software? how?
    so,just getting restarted, fun radio, my first look at sdr ...

2. N5SMO

N5SMO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The firmware update is well worth it. It is easy, and Icom provides instructions for doing it on their website along with the firmware update file downloat.
    Regarding the tuning step, make sure you have not overridden the menu setting by having touched the touchscreen somewhere on the numbers displaying the frequency. You can also change the tuning step by touching the appropriate digits on the frequency displayed on the touchscreen.

3. W9WQA

im reviewing the entire book to see what ive missed.
    page 3-4 says auto tuning step function changes with dial speed. but it cant be set. not useful i know but ? did they let this out of software but leave partial info in book
    ? its blank after a one line instruction that cant be done...
    says "main dial auto ts"
    im guessing it a useless feature huh..

whats the latest firmware number. ive never done it, wary of trying.
    thanks for reply...

4. W9WQA

found it !! accidently. after selecting function i had to select 'function" its a new menu so i had some fun there. something i missed way back. now i can get into everything. thanks for help....