ad: Ebabel-1

FCC To Reinstate Morse Code Requirement!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC9VFO, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-innov
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC9VFO

KC9VFO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KB9UWU

KB9UWU Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KG7CSS

KG7CSS Ham Member QRZ Page

"Technician Class licensees will not be required to take a Morse Code test, nor will a test be required for new applicants. “We discussed it,” said Dasher, “but decided that since most Techs can’t even figure out how to program their HTs, requiring them to learn Morse Code seemed like cruel and unusual punishment."

Oh Snap

4. N2EY

N2EY Subscriber QRZ Page

And today is?

5. KD3NE

KD3NE Subscriber QRZ Page

OH BOY !!!!

Another APRIL FOOLS JOKE THREAD !!!!!!!

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! !

6. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

The day after yesterday and before tomorrow.

Thot everyone knew that.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

7. AC2EV

AC2EV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you sure?

8. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

A 7 year old classic.

Coincidentally, I was reminded of Morse just this morning. I saw a movie on Youtube. A grade D cold war spy film from 1950, "The Flying Saucer." It showed three radiograms, one from the US Army Alaskan Signal Corps, the other two from Western Union. All used printed "=" to break up the bodies of the messages, in the format:
    Addressee =
    Address =
    Mesage content =
    Signature.

Some of us here know that symbol as -...-

To add: I looked at the film again. Actually there were only two messages, both Western Union. The third was really a sign with directions to the Alaska Communications System, various offices one of which one was Signal Corps USA. That's what happens when you watch a movie on one screen while loading software on another, I guess.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  9. KC8HQS

KC8HQS Ham Member QRZ Page

The link isn't working for me...

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This Just In...

...in addition to restoring the Morse proficiency requirement, we now understand the FCC under leadership of Commissioner Alfred E. Neuman will be revising the testing methods to eliminate the Volunteer Examiner groups and replace them with mobile testing vans.

To add to the challenge, the vans will not stop moving to pick up or drop off applicants, but will slow down to about 15 miles per hour to let the fastest runners jump on and off.

"We believe this unique testing system will result in much healthier amateur radio operators, overall," Neuman commented. "We won't have a hobby filled with old, overweight guys who can't run worth a darn."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.