FCC Releases 630m and 2200m Bands - Operators Must Register

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM4BLG, Sep 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. W6QT

W6QT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Randall, you'll do just fine in this hobby. Read a lot and seek advice from elmers in a local club.

DU3/W6QT

KD2DIK likes this.
  2. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I changed my password right after I saw the hacked post. Thanks for you advice.

AF7EC and K0OKS like this.
  3. KD2DIK

KD2DIK QRZ Member QRZ Page

K4AGO THATS NOT VERY NICE TO BE SAYINF THOSE THINGS ON HERE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF

4. 9Z4Z

9Z4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

If you changed your password, then you can also delete the contents of the post!!! Why don't you?

5. F4HPX

F4HPX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, Randal got General.
    But there is a long way from Baofeng to these bands, IC-7851 will not help at all (at least for transmit) and as far as I know there is no much commercial equipment for these bands. Juma is making some kits... pretty affordable, but how about (efficient) antennas for these bands?

6. K4HYJ

K4HYJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

According to Icom, the 7851 will transmit on 600m with a wideband modification - so will the 7100 and 7300.

W6MJS likes this.
  7. KM4JZJ

KM4JZJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are there any radios made that will work these two new bands?

8. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Citation needed.... :)

Got a link?

9. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

QRP-Labs sells components that you could use to get to 5W on either of those bands, and they sell the LPF kits for those bands as well. Their 5W PA module has everything needed for CW or FSK, and you just need to drive it with a DDS module run through an op-amp or single-FET amplifier stage.

Once you are at the 5W level, getting to just about any other power level should be very simple. Most switching FETs can do 500kHz without breaking a sweat. The LPF you use out of that stage could use the same values at the QRP-Labs LPF, it would just need somewhat beefier caps and inductors. ;)

I'm building an HF radio right now using their stuff for a large portion of the transmitter half.

10. WA3ETD

WA3ETD Ham Member QRZ Page

Elecraft K3 / K3S will receive and transmit on 630m with the KBPF3 option module.
    TX is low level and an amp would be needed...