FCC Proposes $17,000 Fine for Suburban NYC Repeater Jammer

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KS2G, Oct 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AC1GX

AC1GX Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Its always a challenge to be on the outside looking in:) But clearly he should not be on the air.

Chip W1YW

N1SCA and KM5QS like this.
  3. KM5QS

KM5QS Ham Member QRZ Page

To N1SCA: How does a person like that get on the air? The same way all of us did when we were young and or in our right mind. Have you had the unpleasant experience of a loved one, parent, or close friend slowly losing their mental facilitys and ability to take care of themselves? I do not want to preach to you, and I understand the frustration of having to put up with jammers/qrm'ers and other trash. However, sometimes the old man who is getting your goat may not even remember who he was when everybody loved him. Please---relax , due process is all we have , unless we cross the line and become what we are complaining about. Enjoy amateur radio and the friendships etc. while we can.
    73, Jay//KM5QS

KE4ZHN, WD4IGX, N8VIL and 3 others like this.
  4. N3EG

N3EG Ham Member QRZ Page

So when are they going to seize W6WBJ's equipment? They cancelled his fine. Are they ever going to do anything about him, or are the West Coast FCC guys just a bunch of wusses?

KE4ZHN and K4XJ like this.
  5. KM5QS

KM5QS Ham Member QRZ Page

Well --- it is the left coast.

KE4ZHN, K0PV and K4XJ like this.
  6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Reading this;

"Amateur radio licensees may not monopolize the ham radio frequency for their exclusive use."

Sounds like he was just talking to himself. Many people do that.

I think it is called Ghost Talking.

7. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Since the Fine was cancelled, there goes invoking the Red Light rule like they did K1MAN, and since he IS a lawyer, unlike K1Man (He had a Fool for a client)..I would imagine He will be tying up the FCC in legal knots for DECADES to come....

8. N4LNE

N4LNE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good Job FCC. Now what I want to know is why his license has not been revoked along with the fine. We do not need these people in ham radio at any level. Finish the job and move on to 7.200 28.425 and many other spots on the band where the trouble makers live and fine them into poverty and pull their licenses!

K4XJ likes this.
  9. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

Most of them have moved to 10m, 2m, 6m illegally. Crazy. best, Rich

KD0QG likes this.
  10. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

You answered your own question. Not limited to west coast though.