FCC Proposes $17,000 Fine for Suburban NYC Repeater Jammer

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KS2G, Oct 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

If he's in hospice, he is likely terminally ill.

K0UO likes this.
  2. KM5QS

KM5QS Ham Member QRZ Page

I was a little concerned about the new vm program , seeing how the OO deal ended up ( had bad experience with a couple off them who used their position to harass folks who they thought were to wide near their net) . Not accusing all OO's of bad behaviour. But when I learned that Riley would be running the vm deal, that eased my mind , He is a good man and will treat people fairly. Most likely we will see some relief, that is if the fcc can get some funding to enforce the rulings. As far as the old man in NY, we can read news clippings, speculate on all kinds of health issues, and (some ) even get angry at him. Think--- if we are lucky---we may get old. Pray for fair treatment, we may need it. That does'nt mean allow dangerous or unlawful acts, just due process.
    My 2 cents

73, KM5QS

W1YW and K0UO like this.
  3. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

What's wrong with having your airplane in your driveway!!!

W3FHT and KA2FIR like this.
  4. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If that is the case....then his license should be revoked and his equipment confiscated.

5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Bypass.

6. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

He shot the ILS for 31R@JFK and just landed a little short of the threshold.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    WD4IGX, N0IOP and N0TZU like this.
  7. VK3VM

VK3VM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ahhhhh I read all of this and think ... How silly....

Almost EVERY REGULATORY DOMAIN WORLD WIDE that I am aware of has the right to REASSESS ANY LICENCE AT ANY TIME and FOR ANY REASON.

[ That not just applies to Amateur licensing .... ]

i.e. a licence to use radio spectrum is NOT for life and can be altered at whim by Governments.

Use this tool to regulate AR.

Regulate through hip pocket and inconvenience. Then when there is stupidity as the "idiot" will almost always ignore and be non-compliant (no licence) you can hit with the big efforts that are indefensible and cheap to prosecute via legal proceedings.

That's how we clean up our world and keep it clean :)

8. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

73, KM5QS[/QUOTE]
    He knows a lot about used radios and fixing them up.

N1SCA likes this.
  10. N1SCA

N1SCA Ham Member QRZ Page

well they should take his radios or whatever away chip w1yw your right on that . ;) I just don't understand how a guy like that would get on the air in the first place. well hopfully he wont get back on the air again.:D