FCC Proposes $17,000 Fine for Suburban NYC Repeater Jammer

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KS2G, Oct 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Not parking a plane on your property. That sounds like something they made up, you know that never ever crossed their minds in 100 years to preemptively make up such a law. Like a ban on having a big ceramic elephant on your front yard.

WS4JM, KA2FIR and K0UO like this.
  2. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He had it disassembled, trucked to the site, and reassembled. (read the online news stories)

K0UO likes this.
  3. N2EY

It's not just about being "socially acceptable".

Aircraft, particularly light aircraft, need to be properly secured to avoid having them become unintentionally airborne during conditions of high winds. This is why there are tie-down points on such aircraft.

A Cessna 152 has an empty weight of less than 1100 pounds, and a pretty low stall speed. All it would take is a good strong wind gust to flip it over and send it onto a neighbor's property.

A disaster waiting to happen.

Ol' Harold needs a good talking-to.

K0UO likes this.
  4. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

What I do not get is why his license was not pulled. I'd be surprised if the 'forfeiture' is ever paid. Part of the 'forfeiture' should of been confiscation of all radio transmitters and to be forbade from possessing any in the future..

KT4RK and K0PV like this.
  5. N2EY

It's called "due process".

KA2FIR likes this.
  6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Whoa there, friend! I was just curious how you knew so much about him.

(we don’t get NY TV here...:D)

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Roger that.

I do deep searches on the internet. Been doing them for years.

Chip W1YW

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Society has deemed such a situation as potentially and likely dangerous--ergo 'socially unacceptable'.

Harold has chosen, apparently, to have a bone to pick with the world, IMO.

Curmudgeon-ism with increasing age is all too common. Actions have consequences, which some folks feel they transcend.

They do not.

Chip W1YW

9. N0TZU

Me too, but not for every online post about an oddity of course. I’ve been looking into it more just now. The guy really has some serious issues, shall we say. Had enough sense and money to hire an attorney though.

N2EY and W1YW like this.
  10. N0TZU

From the photos I saw, the plane was tied down. The problem is that the tie down points obviously weren’t inspected to make sure they would hold the plane down. He probably used screw-in anchors sold for the purpose but those are intended for only temporary use. Who knows if he could even tie a proper hold down knot.

N2EY likes this.