FCC Proposes $17,000 Fine for Suburban NYC Repeater Jammer

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KS2G, Oct 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

And I bet the FCC will never get a dime. Or push it any further.

2. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

They're dumb enough to accept payment that way. :confused::confused::confused:

3. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree, but I'm not holding my breath. The VMP will do all of the leg work, only to hit a roadblock at the FCC.

KE4ZHN likes this.
  4. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely agree with you. The only hope is that the FCC were the ones that approached the ARRL about developing that program. And hopefully with it being a new program, at least in the beginning there may be some enthusiasm and resources sent towards that effort.

5. KC3NBN

KC3NBN Ham Member QRZ Page

We can only hope.

6. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

That's the smart way for them to take payment. It can't be reversed!

KD8DEY, N3AB and KN4LGM like this.
  7. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

As funny as it originally sounded, you're right.

KN4LGM likes this.
  8. KJ6ZOL

KJ6ZOL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, that's him. Look closely at the pic of the plane-he helpfully has his call painted right on the fuselage. Sounds like a real weirdo, no shortage of those unfortunately, on air, off air, or both. A 60 foot tower coming down during a storm in a neighborhood that densely packed could really cause damage, not to mention that unanchored plane blowing around. At one time, apparently, the feds had the power to toss lawless hams in federal prison. Maybe a stint in Supermax for the worst ones would knock some sense into others.

9. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep right there above the registration number. I never clicked on the photo to see it!

There’s a long history of eHam reviews for his radio repair business which were very good up until more recent years when it seems to have gotten very bad. Then the plane and threatening incident, jamming... Perhaps a medical problem affected his behavior.

KD2GMB likes this.
  10. N9CM

N9CM Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]Same guy as Landair Communications that some folks are fuming about?

K0ETE, KD2GMB and KA2FIR like this.