ad: ProAudio-1

FCC ISSUES $18,000 NAL TO KC5CSG

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

I don’t disagree. But there are no “rights” regarding repeater use. I also don’t believe any actual laws were broken. He violated Regulations he agreed with upon getting his ticket. So there is no assumption of innocence until proven guilty. The first used to be taught in high school. The later should be understood when you get your ticket.

2. NE5TH

NE5TH Ham Member QRZ Page

What I find interesting is that he got "Busted" in Lake Charles, LA, but he is licensed out of Copperas Cove, TX. That's over 350 miles from point A to point B.

3. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

To expand on "rights regarding repeater use".....IANAL, but as I understand them, these are the rules:

The FCC has ruled that repeater owners have the right to restrict who uses their repeater, and a responsibility for the content. It is perfectly legal to limit access to club members, for example. It is also perfectly legal to ban those who won't follow the repeater owner's rules - whatever those rules are.

The FCC has also ruled that while no one can "own" an amateur frequency, a repeater which is in 24/7 operation establishes "use" of a frequency, and anyone who transmits on or near the frequencies (input and output) used by the repeater may very likely be charged with deliberate interference. This is particularly true of coordinated repeaters.

What it all boils down to is that, as you said, nobody but the owners has a right to use a repeater, and that transmitting on or near either the input or output frequencies of a repeater is deliberate interference, and a violation.

Not my rules - FCC's.

4. K3AN

K3AN Ham Member QRZ Page

that's correct he is called the Blue waffle on 27.385 lsb, such a shame that it goes on and on with some of these guys.

5. K3AN

K3AN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been told from a phone call I got a few weeks ago, that a ham that turned his license is still on 7200 playing recordings of another ham. So it goes on and on with the jammers.

6. K3AN

K3AN Ham Member QRZ Page

You nailed it, but there seem to be a few that do not agree to that.

7. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The NAL is open and shut. The offending ham is welcome to hire an attorney, who will charge him a $5K retainer and then maybe get the penalty reduced. Unlikely though, given that the NALs that I've read in the past give very little leniency to a repeat and belligerent offender.

8. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad situation and definitely not the Ham Spirit or the Aloha Spirit but Ham Radio
    comprises a cross section of Society and will experience this at times.
    Repeaters need activity not jamming ! ;)
    G3SEA/KH6

9. KK6HUY

KK6HUY Ham Member QRZ Page

Doesn't matter. He doesn't have to pay a dime, the FCC can take his license, and he can just keep on doing it and nothing will happen to him.

Witness W6WBJ. License suspended and likely pulled, thousands in fines, he just said "nope", hasn't paid a dime and is still jamming WARFA.

And the FCC will continue to do what they have been doing with him for the last 20 years - nothing that matters.

10. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

guilty with out a trial......here we go again with a socializm system in our government.....

11. KF5SYN

KF5SYN Ham Member QRZ Page

You cannot imagine the misery this one man, Jerry or KC5CSG, has caused us and the damage he has caused me as an individual. This club we are in is not much better than the jerk, Jerry, who has been plaguing YouTube with the video of me going to his house and trying to bear witness to him and his daughter. Yes it is true that one of our club members had an issue with YSF and he was interfering with Jerry and a few of his friends that were trying to use the mode on our Sulphur Repeater and a few of the simplex frequencies on 2 meters. We have asked Ken, AE5LB, to stop interfering with him and to possibly apologize to Jerry and his friends but whether he did is not known to me. All I know is I am sort of shunned now because I went to Jerry's house and tried to talk some sense into him at the request of some of our club's officials. I knew Jerry was videoing me because it was quite clear to me he was holding his cell phone as if to video my attempt to approach him. I made sure to stay off of his property because of that.
    Because I had an issue with the club trying to get people to vandalize his station and the fact that they claim I brought unfavorable notice to their club because of the video, I am now in the outside circle which is thing is totally wrong! This encourages me to want to leave the hobby altogether.
    To Jerry, please leave the club alone. I sympathise with you for what Ken did and I do not agree that the club covers for him and often encourages him. I agree it is wrong but, for the love of God Jerry, it detracts from enjoyment of everyone else who does not have a dog in this fight! KE5HSW is already in hot water for filing a false report against you. What more do you want?

Either way young man, Jesus loves you and I, as a fellow Christian, love you. Can we coexist? Let us resolve our differences okay? Yes, Ken is a jerk and we all know that. Why are you trying so hard to still convince everyone of that? He has been friends with most of the elmers in this club since he was a kid. Do you really think they are going to reprimand him over messing with you? Let us come to the table and find some middle ground meet on. I know it is not likely you can respond here but I do know you are monitoring this thread from what you have been telling your friends on 146.500. I listen there and if you want to come to a resolution of this ordeal that has seemed to grow a life of its own, call for me. I will do my best to mediate anything between you and the club. I think it is about time we come to peace on this issue. Agree?

Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.