ad: vanity

Faulty??? Funcube pro+

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by CAMERART, Jun 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. CAMERART

CAMERART QRZ Member

Hi,
    I use SDR radio dongles, and have a few of the cheaper ones, but I also have a Funcube Pro+ dongle, that won't work.

I've tried uninstalling the computer programs e,g, SDR#, but nothing has fixed it. I've even tried changing the DLL files.

Last week I sent it to Martin Lynch for repair, and was told, that it's fine. They use SDR# and Windows 10 as I do.

Any other ideas please?
    Camerart

2. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

First thing to do, does Windows recognize it, and is it then using the correct drivers?

3. CAMERART

CAMERART QRZ Member

Hi,
    windows recognises it as SOUND,VIDEO and game controller, which doesn't seem correct.

I used Zadig at one point, then later read, "Don't use Zadig"

C.

4. AA5CT

Dig deeper and see what driver/driver name is being assigned. You'll have to click through a number of screens/windows to drive down to that level.

At that level, there will be vendor's ID number that can be checked to see if the right vendor's driver is really being used.

5. CAMERART

CAMERART QRZ Member

Hi,
    It looks like Generic?
    C

Attached Files:

• Fun.jpg
      Fun.jpg
      File size:
      66.2 KB
      Views:
    • Man.jpg
      Man.jpg
      File size:
      46.5 KB
      Views:
  6. AA5CT

That may, or may not be correct!

Was there a recommended device and driver install sequence?

Often a device driver from a vendor of a product is installed FIRST, before plugging in the device, because, if one just plugs in the USB device Windows will assume some things and a wrong 'default' driver gets assigned ... loading the special driver later is too late, Windoze has done the assignment already ...

7. AA5CT

IF the USB device is just a 'dumb' USB audio device, ANY sound card utility should be able to connect to it, but, since its a receiver the receive freq (and other things) needs to be set ... so I'm thinking a special driver is needed.

8. CAMERART

CAMERART QRZ Member

Hi,
    If I recall correctly, I didn't need a driver, when I installed it initially.
    Martin Lynch said the drivers are already in Windows, although it's not easy to tell if it's a shared computer?
    I think it's possible that Zadig caused the fault, but I'm not sure.
    C

9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

According to the manual the device driver should be recognized as USB sound device.
    '
    Check your sound card manufacturer for latest driver updates.

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Where did you read that ?

It is the best thing that works for me.

You just have to select the correct device, And have the driver in the correct directory.