ad: KF7PMW-1

Fake Ruben Gordon

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KA1MXL, May 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KA1MXL

KA1MXL Ham Member QRZ Page

I was contact via email today by Ruben Gordon. Said he had a like new ft70 for sale. I played along and offered to buy it from him. After 4-5 emails, JUST before I sent paypal, I asked for a photo with his qsl card. DEAD Silence.

I had a real good feeling it was an attempt at a scam. He is using r.gordon3131@gmail.com to send and receive emails and his payapl info is rgordon170@outlook.com.

Buyer beware!!!

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, there's a ton of posts on here about this scammer. You can do your part by reporting the emails to Gmail and to PayPal. Contact KA2FIR if you're not sure how to do that effectively.

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

upload_2018-5-1_13-7-20.png

upload_2018-5-1_13-8-0.png

I've reported the scammers email addresses to google and microsoft. Let's see what happens.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    KJ4POM and WB4IVF like this.
  4. KA2FIR

5. N2ATP

N2ATP Ham Member QRZ Page

You can Also Post a Complaint Here at the
    FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center
    https://www.ic3.gov/media/news/default.aspx

the Internet Crime Complaint Center is to provide the public with a reliable and convenient reporting mechanism to submit information to the Federal Bureau of Investigation concerning suspected Internet-facilitated criminal activity and to develop effective alliances with law enforcement and industry partners. Information is analyzed and disseminated for investigative and intelligence purposes to law enforcement and for public awareness.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  6. KA1MXL

KA1MXL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks!

7. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

He's trying to sell me an Icom 706mkiig right now. I'm breaking off contact.

8. KA2FIR

You have the email source report it to google/Microsoft.

9. KJ4POM

KJ4POM Ham Member QRZ Page

He, or they, are very active in flooding qrz with scams. It has opened my eyes and now I question all ads. Qrz has an good set of rules for posting. Wish qth had them. Do we have a search engine to look for specific gear?

KA2FIR likes this.
  10. KA2FIR

Google/chrome allows you to search for the image on the internet.

KJ4POM likes this.