Extreme DXing

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KJ4VTH, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you told Frank how you feel about this?

2. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

A rare DX Station having a "Casual QSO" I know of no rare DX that EVER wants to ragchew when he's on the air. They are there to make QSO's period with as many people as they can in as short an amount of time as possible.

NO ONE likes it when someone makes a contact with a DX station in a pileup and tries to start a conversion or tie the operator up in any way to slow him down. But you will see these idiots try and do this time after time they just don't get it.

3. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

If he's working a pileup then you're right: He sure isn't going to want to start chatting with you about the weather or your kids while there's an entire pileup of other stations waiting to give him a quick 5NN. At the same time, DX ops are only human. There will be times when they want to be on the air and not have to worry about a pileup. Once in a while, the DX op might want to spend a bit of casual time chatting about his station or something he happens to be working on. DX ops put their pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us.

4. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Quite true, not all DX stations crave thousands of contacts and I have run into some that have broke into a QSO to work you and have a bit of intelligent conversation. Even had special event stations want to carry on a chat just to get to the point where others have found out where they were, then the pile up begins.
    The DX stations that do want to rack up thousand upon thousands of contacts are usually the DXpenditions and they are there for a short time then they return home and if they want they can do the casual contact thing.
    The folks in the DX are normal everyday folks that will want that contact that they enjoy. It may be a ur 59 QRZed? type of contact but sometimes not. Most of the folks that want to work DX think that country or piece of rock exists just for them so they can work em.
    Do what ever makes you happy but don't smash somebody elses joy just because.
    Gary

5. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

I have. I emailed him and asked him how to block his spots. It was not successful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.