ad: UR5CDX-1

Exempt Radio Amateur Aerials From Requiring Planning Permission.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M6NBP, Aug 24, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. M6NBP

M6NBP Ham Member QRZ Page

UK Only Petition (Copy for a FB post)

Current planning regulations severely restrict the ability of licensed Radio Amateurs to erect experimental aerial systems. We the undersigned require the government to amend the law to exempt all licensed Radio Amateurs (and C.B. radio users) from requiring planning permission for their aerials.
    Amateur Radio is a fantastic hobby for those who wish to learn about electronics and radio; and it can provide emergency communications when other systems fail. The experimental nature of the hobby allows people to design and build their own radios and aerial systems. Unfortunately, erect any kind of aerial and there is a chance you will be required to apply for planning permission. Change the aerial for a new design, and you will be back to square one. Planning law needs to change!
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202179

G7VJH, M0ZBZ, G4MJA and 11 others like this.
  2. 2E1IJU

2E1IJU Ham Member QRZ Page

QUITE AGREE WITH THIS 2E1IJU

3. 2E0WMG

2E0WMG Ham Member QRZ Page

4. G7PKU

G7PKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Just signed it, about time ;)
    G7PKU

AF4K and G3SEA like this.
  5. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

A Worthy Effort !
    Let's hope there is some accomodation.

G3SEA/KH6

AF4K likes this.
  6. 2E0PCI

2E0PCI Ham Member QRZ Page

I HOPE THIS WILL GET THRO

7. VK1TX/SK2023

VK1TX/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Best of Luck BUT knowing the ignorance of the general public it will not happen,too many so called neighbors will resist that change.

G1YRV and MW1CFN like this.
  8. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

signed.... about time we were cut some slack about our antenna's and tower's...
    Ignorance is bliss but the ignorant are hard to teach...

AF4K likes this.
  9. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck to you over there. Sounds like US amateurs dealing with homeowner's associations. I don't have the problem but I have no tower, thus very little aluminum up high, mostly difficult to see wires.

G8GYS and KF4ZKU like this.
  10. 2E0KEE

2E0KEE Ham Member QRZ Page

11. 2E0KEE

2E0KEE Ham Member QRZ Page

yes indeed so

12. NO20CALLSIG

NO20CALLSIG Guest

good luck with that petition , hope it will work out for all hams in the UK

13. M0XRZ

M0XRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Why should Amateur radio operators be punished when all these dam cell phone companies seem to get permission to erect anywhere, even near housing. Why cannot cell phone companies put them on a satellite so every where in the UK can get a reception. Even Amateur radio has satellites.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE : - "The most expensive thing in life is experience" M0XRZ ( May 2012 )

KF4ZKU likes this.
  14. G7IIO

G7IIO Ham Member QRZ Page

This good plan but as one of writers the public do not know about Amateu Radio and in some ways it us that do not imfome them and our RSGB should push our hobby more with the Government in this Country

G7iiO

G3SEA likes this.
  15. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck on "requiring" your government to create an exemption. But, that entire nonsense about providing "emergency communication" when all else fails/last resort thing? Good luck with that!

Radio amateurs in the US who continue to INSIST on moving into HOA communities, knowing and agreeing to the HOA CC&R's BEFORE moving in, are trying to use that "emergency preparedness/last resort/when all else fails" RUSE... which this countries legislators ARE NOT BUYING INTO! Radio amateurs HOBBYISTS in the USA, maybe in your country too, Norma W, continue to FAIL when it comes to supporting and volunteering for organizations that coordinate emergency preparedness. And those who will make the decision on "PARITY" darn well know this!

My opinion. No! I've talked to my state legislator. SMH and hard to argue with as he's presenting the facts I've presented here and I'd already known about. And, why wouldn't he know? Do you think state Representatives and Senators aren't speaking with our local officials?

Even harder to argue the fact that, we ARE considered a bunch of HOBBYISTS!

But, remember when ham radio operators were referred to as, The Amateur Radio Service?

73 de an Orange County, FL ARES/RACES ex-AEC/EC

MM0HVU likes this.