ad: DNyberg-1

ex-K1MAN is SK

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1YW, May 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Personally I look upon my CW proficiency as one of many useful SKILLs used in broadening the FUN that we have on a daily-basis, and as a ACQUIRED SKILL that SOME don't have OUT HERE for whatever reason!!! But anybody with any intelligence should KNOW "CW" (INTL. MORSE CODE) is JUST ONE of MANY OTHER MODES hams use to increase their ENJOYMENT when working in our great hobby and used by THOUSANDS worldwide just like SSB,or AM, or RTTY, or FM etc!!! And why refer to CW as ARCHAIC, as the aformentioned useful modes we use are in essence ARCHAIC as well!!! They ALL bring us together in our hobby, isn't that WHAT WE'RE REALLY ALL ABOUT OR SHOULD BE???

W2VW likes this.
  2. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

I've never been on 75/80 meters. I dont operate much SSB either. And I'm a relatively young ham in my 40's. What I see around me is a dumbing down of the hobby over the past 15 years (been a ham for 32 years) and now filling the airwaves with idiots and morons who have no idea how to operate properly.

Well-- as said, I'm probably one of the younger hams on extra portion of the 40M CW band in my 40's and licensed for 32 years.

Since I'm quite certain that you do not know code, you likely would have no idea how challenging it is to make your arm, your ears, your hand, and your brain operate in unison. You also have to have keen spelling skills and an understanding of the language in which you're communicating. It's quite a rigorous mental challenge, many hams today can not handle it.

Used to be, EVERY ham had to be able to do that in order to get on the air! EVERY SINGLE HAM. Can you do it?

It's rather silly how the no-code GENERALS can come out of the wood work. Go pass your EXTRA-LITE ticket too.

W5BIB and NN6EE like this.
  3. N9AMI

N9AMI Ham Member QRZ Page

Wondered what happened to the guy. To bad I sometimes enjoyed some of his radio show and his anti arrl rantings.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Karma. o_O

5. W0FS

W0FS Ham Member QRZ Page

A no code Extra Class is an Extra Class. You don't speak for all of us.
    W0FS, ex WA0GFS licensed since 1963, 20 wpm extra

K2MOB likes this.
  6. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

That page was turned months ago. Catch up.

7. W9FTV

W9FTV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Y'know? I'd love to have that experience.

8. W9FTV

W9FTV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Use digital and you won't matter.

K2MOB likes this.