ad: Alphaant-1

Eric Meth VE3EI SK April 4, 2017

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Apr 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Eric Meth VE3EI SK

[​IMG]

Life Story for Eric Meth
    Eric Meth
    METH, Eric - It is with great sadness that the family announces the sudden passing of Eric on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at his home in Niagara-on-the-Lake, at the age of 71. Beloved husband of Connie, Eric was a loving father, step-father, grandfather, great-grandfather, mentor, teacher, and friend and was an active member in numerous organizations in the Niagara Region.
    The family will receive friends at MORGAN FUNERAL HOME, 415 Regent St., Niagara-on-the-Lake, on Thursday from 2-4 & 7-9 p.m. A service to celebrate Eric’s life will be held at the funeral home on Friday, April 7, 2017, at 11 a.m. Burial to follow in Niagara Lakeshore Cemetery..
    For those who wish, memorial donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, would be appreciated by the family.
    Photos, memories, and condolences may be shared at www.morganfuneral.com
    http://morganfuneral.com/book-of-memories/2894259/Meth-Eric/obituary.php

Snipped from Eric's QRZ Biography;
    I also have the callsigns G4ILB (Pending UK), 8P9AX (Barbados) and JG1HEP (Japan) as well as VE3NUU, VE3PGC, VE3YYZ, VA3YYZ and VA3NAG I am now President of the Niagara Peninsula Amateur Radio Club (NPARC) where the club operates VE3NRS, VE3WCD on VHF, VE3RNR on UHF and VA3NRS on 220 MHz. Recently became President of the Reginald Aubrey Fesseden Memorial ARC operating repeaters VE3RAF on VHF and VE3RFM, VA3RFM on UHF

First licensed as Basic Amateur 1966 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Upgraded to Advanced Amateur 1967. Taught Morse Code at the MARC (Montreal Amateur Radio Club) classes for next 2 years. One of the technical crew on VE2MT (Main VHF FM Repeater in Montreal) on 146.46/146.94 (was the start of a long radio career).
    Worked for Motorola Canada from 1969 to 1992, first in Montreal (1969-1980), then Toronto (1980 - 1992), left to operate my own Communications Business.
    President of the Montreal Amateur Radio Club (MARC) 1972 - 1975 (was president during the birth of Digital Packet Radio).

Operated 5V7GE from Lome, Togo West Africa during the summer of 1979 (My one and only excursion as DX.).
    President of the Motorola Amateur Radio Club sometime in the 80s. Chairman of Western New York Southern Ontario Repeater Council (WNYSORC) in the 80s.
    Started Toronto's First Packet Radio (The first was actually in Brampton) BBS VE3NUU in 1985 which has been on the air continously with the same call first in Toronto then in Cornwall Ontario (I am a diehard).
    Installed repeater VE3PGC (Packet Group of Cornwall) in March 1993 on 443.000 mHz which has been on the air continously since. Went On Line with IRLP Node 260 (Internet Radio Linking Project) October 2001.

To paraphrase someone on the Internet ... "Amateur Radio is NOT a hobby it is an ADVENTURE" ... Moved to the Niagara Region of Ontario in the summer of 2004 I am now Treasurer of the COBRA Radio Club and manage VE3YYZ repeater in Toronto. I operate Echolink node VE3YYZ-R in Toronto, VE3EI-L in Niagara and VE3PGC-L in Cornwall. As of April 2006 I now work for ICOM Canada as a Technical Representative for all divisions of the country. My main responsibility is to oversee DSTAR (Digital Smart Technologies for Amateur Radio) operations throughout the country as well as all new Digital Modulation Technologies.
    As I stated before, Amateur Radio, and life, are an adventure. I can be mainly found on DSTAR Node VE3YYZ in Toronto. But, it is DSTAR, so entering my callsign anywhere in North America will get me on the system! Look forward to talking to you!