For Sale Elecraft K1 Stands - Free 3d files or pay to print

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KC6AUP, Oct 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC6AUP

KC6AUP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Since Elecraft no longer sells a stand for their K1 radios, N3XKB and myself (KC6AUP), decided to design, and publish a stand that can be 3d Printed. Visit Thingiverse to get the STL files. - the files are free.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3843950

If you'd like one printed for you, in PLA plastic, it's only $10 each with shipping costing an additional $8 per order; for as many as I can cram into a mailer from USPS. I have a wide selection of colors, and if I don't have the one you're looking for I can get it.

New K1.jpg
    New K1 side.jpg

Thanks,
    Denis
    KC6AUP

KA9JLM likes this.
  2. N8EU

N8EU Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like that stand might rotate back to lie flat against the bottom of the case. How about a photo of that?
    Also, does the stand include the knobs as in the pictures?

3. KC6AUP

I just released version 1.4 of the stand, this version will rotate and sit flat, no pictures right now, since I lent my K1 to a buddy, should pick it up this weekend.. No, the knobs are not included in the price; the buyer may not like the knobs, as well as the cost of the stand would go up about $6 or so, knobs cost a lot for a bit of plastic and a screw.. I used standard knobs I picked up at my local hardware store. Since these stands are printed in PLA plastic, and while sturdy, they could break, and I really don't want someone feeling like they bought a stand and it wasn't what they considered a good value, I've decided to offer a Lifetime warranty for now. If you break it, your dog eats it, you leave it out in the Sun and melt it, just send it back to me and include $80 for S/H, and I'll send you a replacement. The main reason I want the old one back is because I want to see how it failed, and do I need to change the design. Now if you've send back 3 or 4 stands, we may need to talk about you're habits, and if you're a Marine or something.

4. KC6AUP

I have pictures of the new design, I printed it in 'Standard" quality, .20mm layers at 100mm/S - normally I print them at .12mm and 50mm/S which gives a much nicer texture. v-1.4-2.jpg