ad: chuckmartin

Echolink Transmit Problem

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KA2TSD, Oct 19, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA2TSD

KA2TSD Ham Member QRZ Page

Others seem to be having trouble transmitting, but I go above and beyond.
    I have Echolink installed, using a Linux OS (Neon 5.17). Echolink runs through WINE. I have used Echolink with Ubuntu/WINE before with no trouble.
    Now, I can connect and hear other stations with no trouble. Firewall checks out fine. Headset is recognized. But I can't transmit, even to the Echo Test Link.
    FAQs say to go to Tools - Adjust Sound Device - Record to check to see that the mike isn't muted. However, when I click on either Record or Playback, no screen comes up. The Tools menu vanishes, and I just have the main screen. So, even though my Audio settings look OK in the System Settings screen, I'm not sure if Echolink has the mike muted - 'cause I can't get to that screen.
    So, any ideas?

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you checked your PTT Method ?

upload_2019-10-19_7-9-51.png

3. KA2TSD

Yes, a couple times. And to double check that, I used both the space bar and clicked on the transmit button in the toolbar (at different times, of course). Thanks for the idea though.

4. KA9JLM

I know you said your Firewall tested good. But I would not be so sure.

You can use a proxy server for testing.

upload_2019-10-19_13-55-28.png

5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I second that suggestion.

6. KA2TSD

Once again, things seem to check out. I tried two different proxies, could hear, but couldn't transmit. Firewall tests came back good.
    At this point, I'd bet that there is something in the Tools - Adjust Sound Device - Record menu. I just can't get that far. As I said in my original post, when I click on "Record" the whole window goes away.
    I do appreciate your efforts to help me, though.

7. KA9JLM

You can go there manually. Sound - Recording.

upload_2019-10-21_4-46-27.png

upload_2019-10-21_4-48-54.png

8. W4EAE

W4EAE Subscriber QRZ Page

The audio setup should not really be any different running Echolink/WINE in KDE Neon than it was with Ubuntu since KDE is built on top of Ubuntu. If you can track your mic from ALSA to pulseaudio to WINE, then I am stumped.

My suggestion would be an uninstall/reinstall of both Echolink and WINE.