ad: rfparts

Echolink DTMF- computer not reading

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by W0LYQ, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W0LYQ

W0LYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have echolink up and running in SYOP mode and can connect to the test server via the computer- when I press the PTT on the HT there is and indication that showes "SIG", however I cannot access using the 9999 code. Comuter does not read any DTMF code (numbers/etc are not showing up in lower right corner). The DTF settings for SYOP are the default settings (0,2,12,4). Not sure what needs to be adjusted. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks/

Ed Robarge
    W0LYQ
    Leavenworth, KS

2. KC5FM

KC5FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Ed,

This was addressed on the Echolink users group on Yahoo.

I'd recommend you join that list.

Hope that helps.

3. W0LYQ

Joined this AM, read several of the posts, but didn't see one that fit my issues. Just not able to get the DTMF code from HT to Computer to bring up, let's say, the test server at 9999. Will keep checking//Thanls

Ed Robarge W0LYQ

4. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

What sound card are you using? If it's a crap soundcard, the DTMF tones get junked up.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You may want to check your Audio Mixer settings to make sure your audio is routed correctly.

Good luck on your project.

6. W0LYQ

I'm using the card that comes with a Sony Vaio i can hear the tones, but they do not show on echolink as "decoded" (accepted/transmitted) yet i can press the PTT and it shows a"SIG" in the right corner. Just the DTMF not making into computer. Will check vol. settings tonight after work//Thanks for your ideas

Dr Ed Robarge
    W0LYQ

7. W0LYQ

Thanks

Checked my audio all around and cleared up the problem -- thanks for your suggestion

Ed Robarge
    W0LYQ

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good deal Ed, Nice that you got it working. Sometimes we overlook the simple problems.

But we always make it work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.