ad: Alphaant-1

Easy Instructions to use the NEW Retevis Rt-82 & TYT MD-2017 !

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by IW2BSF, Jun 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, i am pleasure to present you the EASY ISTRUCTIONS to operate whit the NEW dualbander Retevis RT-82 or TYT Tytera MD-2017 ….

Sorry it’s a short GUIDE for beginners.... not for expert, hi :)

Is made by Steve W4CNG in English and translate by me for Italian ham-radio.

Download the free PDF in the middle of my web page in the section called DMR …. Here:

https://rodolfo-parisio.jimdo.com/nuovi-articoli-2017/

Best 73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

2. IW2BSF

Long press the "BACK" key to change Channel mode to VFO mode.

Wow…is arrived the Battery Eliminator for 12V car ham-radio activity !

73 de IW2BSF

eleiminator.jpg

3. IW2BSF

ok NOW you have the new radio Retevis RT-82 or TYT MD-2017.....

your BIG question is : it's possible to put in my new radio my CODEPLUG (RT-3 or TYT MD-380 ) ???

yes ! Great :- ) read :

1. Go to..

New software converts MD-380 codeplug for TYT MD-2017 ( the 1.16 version ! )

2. Click ..

Update: The TYT MD-2017 software is now available!

3. It will download to your computer.

4. Open the zip file

5. Once it goes through the process of installing. Open the CPS 2017

6. TIP: I made a copy (by right clicking 1 of my MD 380 CPS on to the desktop) just in case an issue presented itself. If it does and you do not do this step, no big deal. You can just grab your MD 380 and READ from your radio the working CPS.

7.Once you opened your CPS 2017 Version 1.16. Verify it by going to:

HELP>ABOUT ( if you used an old FW version your radio say : WRONG MODEL )

8. If you have correct version, Go to FILE and OPEN the MD 380 that you copied to the desktop.

This will import everything in your MD 380 CPS to work on the MD 2017

9. Make sure to SAVE AS your work with whatever name you want.

10. WRITE to RADIO.

Finish !
    This procedure in a PDF in my web site with others trick in ARTICOLI 2017 .

Best 73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

4. IW2BSF

in my web site here :

https://rodolfo-parisio.jimdo.com/nuovi-articoli-2017/

the 2 PDF GUIDE in free download .... both language in ENGLISH and Italian !

1) Guide for easy instruction to use for ham-radio dmr Retevis RT-82 and TYT MD-2017

2) Guide to insert your Codeplug of the olf RT-3 or TYT MD-380 in the NEW radio RT-82 or MD-2017 !

73 de IW2BSF Rudy

guide rt-82.jpg

5. IW2BSF

UPDATE FW ( 7 july ) 3.033 CPS versione 1.16

If you need to upgrade,please read the operation first.

Retevis RT82(GPS-REC)-S3.33.bin for GPS version.

Retevis RT82(REC)-D3.33.bin for common version.

This firmware solve 6 issues. FIX !

1.Address the issue of receiving in the repeater mode, if the upper and lower frequency are the same and one use slot 1 and the other use slot 2, there will be no signaling coming
    2.Address the issue of same channel cannot be added into different band in the same zone
    3.Releasing the new programming software can read the codeplug from RT3
    4.Adding the monitor in the analog mode
    5.Address the issue of dual standby, if the upper or lower has the signal with carrier, another one didn’t have audio out
    6.Address the programming issue, sometimes, the radio will restart during programming.

RT82-updated firmware issued on 8, july.rar

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

6. N5EVV

N5EVV Ham Member QRZ Page

I am having an issue with getting Michaelsoft Binbows 10 professional to even recognize the md-2017. It keeps saying no driver installed and I can not connect to the radio to update the firmware, codeplug, id, nothing. I get an error saying "please check wether the USB is occupyed or not connected. I go into Device Manager and I see the radio as unknown device and it has the yellow !.

Any help would be appreciated

7. N5EVV

I do realize this is an old thread, but I am hopeful someone can assist me.

KI5PGJ likes this.
  8. IW2BSF

hi, old post and.... very OLD radio !!!! 73 :)

9. KI5PGJ

KI5PGJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Since you have a MD-2017 (same radio as Retevis RT82) can you do me favor and tell me the exact button sequence which needs to be done to change language. I would appreciate it. See below for why I am asking for this information.

I wish I could help you, however the CPS on my Windows 10 laptop won't connect to my md-2017 either. However the firmware update tool did. Go figure. However at this point I wish I hadn't upgraded it because after the firmware update my md-2017 display language is now Chinese!!!

The manual explains how to change languages, but since the menu is in Chinese I can no longer navigate the menu.

By the way, I really wanted to update the radio to use RT82/MD-2017 Toolz. I received a link from Retevis (Ailunce) to download the Toolz, which you can get by posting to https://www.retevis.com/resources-center . Just send them a message at that website requesting RT82 Toolz and they will provide you the download link.

10. N5EVV

I got the newest CPS and Firmware from TYT this past week. If you like I can email you a link to my google drive so you can download a copy of each set. I am also using Windows 10 laptop and with the new updated firmware, driver, and cps I have no more issues.

11. KI5PGJ

KI5PGJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there something newer than 4.15? That is what I downloaded and installed Nov 21, 2021.

If you could provide up/down and button push sequence to get to language change I would appreciate it. Right now my radio is stuck in Chinese. Since I don't read Chinese I don't know how to get it back to English.

thanks