ad: M2Ant-1

E44WE !!!!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Oct 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

It is indeed a rare Day!!
    A DAY UNLIKE ANY OTHER!!

I had heard that Janusz, SP9FIH was traveling to Palestine for the CQWW SSB contest and I listenned for him with great dismay during the contest. Notta PEEP! He was spotted mostly by EU stations and the band was a mess with all the contesters! So there was little hope for me.

After the contest he stuck around, worked some of the other modes and gave out ATNOs to many. I saw he was worked yesterday about 1600Z on the West Coast by N6PEQ on RTTY! That gave me a Prayer!

Today He was spotted on 15M SSB by some EU stations. I listenned on some WEBSDRs around the country and nothing heard.

Then around 1500Z he was spotted on DXSUMMIT by a ZERO station on 14240.
    It was time to go downstairs and check on the big rig.

The beam was aimed towards VP6D, so I turned it around and around to see if I could hear him. Checked Long Path and couldn't hear a peep. There were lots of DQRM by Channel Police blocking out chances. Finally I could JUST hear him looking towards Japan. He was asking for west Coast!!!!

I quickly tuned up the Killerwatt on CW a few KCs down and went up and called him. As I did I noticed my signal was chopping in and out!! OH NO!!! The MOST IMPORTANT CALL of my life and an Equipment failure!!!!!!
    I went and tried tuning again down abit on CW and I noticed the POS MFJ AUTOTUNER going crazy! It kept wanting to RETUNE!! I shut that off and Tried again. Now it worked with a good 1000W out regardless of SWR!!! I returned to 14240 and called again. He worked a few more 6s and then suddenly he returned a scrambled version of my call.

MAN WAS THE ADRENALINE PUMPING THRU ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Shouted WHISKEY ALPHA SIX MIKE HOTEL ZULU into the mike, probably splattering and IONIZING the Ionosphere!!!

And then he came back with my correct call!!

I was added to the log for the First ATNO in as long as I can remember!!!
    OH I did get the KOSOVO when Marti was there, but that wasn't quite as exciting!!

I now have to look up the QSL details and get the card for this.

WHAT A BANNER DAY!!!
    In fact, I think I will declare OCTOBER 30th as OFFICIAL E4 DAY!!! Too be remembered forever as a WONDERFUL DAY!!!

THIS IS WHAT HAM RADIO is all about!!!! This is what I live for!!

Now only 3 to go! BS7H, and P5; Oh and Monk Apollo on Mt Athos! He is on but we need to talk him into trying FT-8 to get thru to the West Coast!

think I will celebrate with an Absolutely GLORIOUS LUNCH!!!
    YES, Mc RIBS are back at McDonalds, Had 2 Sunday night and 2 more last night!
    I need something better! Maybe 3 Fish Tacos at RUBIOS!!

KQ0J, K1TGX, W7UUU and 6 others like this.
  2. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Pat. You're living proof the hobby never gets old.

KV6O and W7UUU like this.
  3. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pat, you are the man! Unfortunately, some of us poor slobs still have to work... DX is, but sometimes even DX has to wait!

Glad to know that you're in there fighting the good fight. I really doubt if I will ever get to the level,that you have!

Nice to read your stuff too! Keep on posting, OK?

W7UUU and WA6MHZ like this.
  4. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

Pat you don't need FT 8 for the Monk. I got him on 20 SSB on the down side of the last solar cycle from the west coast. As for BS7H I have it confirmed on 5 bands, both SSB and CW but I would tend to agree with the argument it is questionable if it meets the DXCC criteria. Plus with a shooting war every time one side or the other approaches that island group I would be shocked if it comes on the air again for years. P 5 is the only one I don't have confirmed and am not counting on that one being on the air in what is left of my lifetime.

5. WA6MHZ

Listenning to him on the DK1ML WEBSDR from Germany. Easy copy there, on 21200 and he working EU as fast as he can! Great DXpedition my Janusz. I will watch to see if he comes back 20 maybe on RTTY or CW and see if I can get an Insurance contact. So far, yesterdays log not uploaded. Nice to see he uses OQRS!!

6. WA6MHZ

ON 14217 now working 5s and East Coast. Its about 1500Z, maybe now 7s and 6s. I will listen on a websdr.

I can hear him excellent on the NA5B WebSDR! Working lots of NA

7. WA6MHZ

45228817_10156494232489927_7292333085348069376_n.jpg
    IN THE LOG!!!

W5BIB and AB8MA like this.
  8. WA6MHZ

Just did the OQRS, and added a nice donation. So looking forward to the card coming in now. Might be awhile, as he is making THOUSANDS of Qs!!

9. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations.

My only E4 was back in 2012. Truly an esp contact with Vlad Bykov CW on 20 meters - E40VB.

This was after he stopped using LoTW, but I got the card. I have never failed to obtain a physical card for any ATNO.

10. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have him on RTTY -- havent beenable to catch him on CW or SSB yet