E.F. Johnson VIKING 500 Transmitter

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WD8CRZ, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-rl
  1. WD8CRZ

WD8CRZ Guest

Here's a really nice E.F. Johnson VIKING 500 HF Transmitter that's in wonderful condition. I bought it about 5 years ago from a Ham on the west side of Michigan who was using it daily. Shortly afterwards I moved to a new QTH that has antenna restrictions, and cosequently has been sitting on a shelf in the house since purchased. It's in great shape and has the original matching Power Supply / Modulator with cabinet, Owners Manual and Cables. It's currently wired for 120 VAC, but will operate on 240 VAC with minor changes. Because of its size and weight, I prefer pick-up at my QTH about 30 miles north of detroit. It could probably be shipped, but would require professional pick-up and crating by a trucking company, and you would be completely resposible for making those arrangements! Asking price is $2500. My user ID on eBay is JAMALLWE, and you can contact me at regencytr1@hotmail.com or at 248-613-8206. Thanks for looking!
  2. K7GLD

K7GLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Now THAT is a beautifully kept boatanchor - wish it was closer and cheaper! :)

Good luck - hope it finds a good home!
  3. W3RXO

W3RXO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes it is. And I, too wish it were closer, but I'd pay the price, if I didn't have to drive to the upper midwest, from SoCal, to get it. Gorgeous. THAT, with a 75A1, would make a truly nice 75/160 meter AM station.
  4. KG8JF

KG8JF Ham Member QRZ Page

What a beautiful old transmitter. It appears that someone has repainted it, which does not bother me. I don't do boatanchors, but I do remember that my father and I had a Valiant along with an NC-300 AM station in the late 50s, early 60s.
  5. W3TIM

W3TIM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't think it would make a very good 160 meter AM rig, as I don't think it has 160 meters on it.
  6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.