E.F. Johnson VIKING 500 Transmitter

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WD8CRZ, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WD8CRZ

WD8CRZ Guest

Here's a really nice E.F. Johnson VIKING 500 HF Transmitter that's in wonderful condition. I bought it about 5 years ago from a Ham on the west side of Michigan who was using it daily. Shortly afterwards I moved to a new QTH that has antenna restrictions, and cosequently has been sitting on a shelf in the house since purchased. It's in great shape and has the original matching Power Supply / Modulator with cabinet, Owners Manual and Cables. It's currently wired for 120 VAC, but will operate on 240 VAC with minor changes. Because of its size and weight, I prefer pick-up at my QTH about 30 miles north of detroit. It could probably be shipped, but would require professional pick-up and crating by a trucking company, and you would be completely resposible for making those arrangements! Asking price is $2500. My user ID on eBay is JAMALLWE, and you can contact me at regencytr1@hotmail.com or at 248-613-8206. Thanks for looking!

2. K7GLD

K7GLD Ham Member

Now THAT is a beautifully kept boatanchor - wish it was closer and cheaper! :)

Good luck - hope it finds a good home!

3. W3RXO

W3RXO Premium Subscriber

Yes it is. And I, too wish it were closer, but I'd pay the price, if I didn't have to drive to the upper midwest, from SoCal, to get it. Gorgeous. THAT, with a 75A1, would make a truly nice 75/160 meter AM station.

4. KG8JF

KG8JF XML Subscriber

What a beautiful old transmitter. It appears that someone has repainted it, which does not bother me. I don't do boatanchors, but I do remember that my father and I had a Valiant along with an NC-300 AM station in the late 50s, early 60s.

5. W3TIM

W3TIM Premium Subscriber

Don't think it would make a very good 160 meter AM rig, as I don't think it has 160 meters on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.