DXKeeper Error need solution

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by AC9QS, Sep 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. AC9QS

AC9QS Ham Member QRZ Page

I just downloaded the DX Lab launcher and installed the entire suite of applications. I have heard great things about the software, and wanted an improvement to my current software (using Log4OM). Unfortunately, as soon as I booted up DX Keeper I got this error:

"New fields were not successfully added due to an error noted in errorlog.txt, so the specified log cannot be opened" - there is an okay button, so I click that and it gives me this:

"Unable to open log database: C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\AC9QS.mdb" - there is another okay button so I click that.

DX Keeper finally opens but I can't log anything because no log is open. I am unable to open a log.

Is there a solution?

Thanks and 73 de

Joey/AC9QS

2. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Something is preventing DXKeeper from modifying your log file; an anti-malware application, perhaps. So i can see what's going on, please attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ

3. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Joey AC9QS's errorlog identified the root cause as a missing entry in the Windows Registry. This Microsoft-provided procedure corrected the Registry, enabling DXKeeper to operate correctly.