DXCC endorsements

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W4LKR, Dec 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
  1. W4LKR

W4LKR Ham Member QRZ Page

I was reading up on the various endorsements available for the DXCC award. Under the DXCC award rules it lists eligible bands from 160m to 70cm plus satellites. A bit later it says the following:

The 5BDXCC is endorsable for these additional bands: 160, 30, 17, 12, 6 and 2 Meters.

Does this mean that endorsements for the above 6 bands are only available if you've already earned the 5BDXCC?

In other words, you couldn't earn DXCC mixed, then get an endorsement for 12m. You would have to earn the 5BDXCC first?

2. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

You could get a 12M DXCC certificate. You can then get endorsement stickers--I think I'm up to 250 on that band.

If you earn 5BDXCC you can buy a plaque and then add endorsement plates for additional bands.

The 5BDXCC certificate specifies that you need to have DXCC on 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters.

Zack W1VT

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    K8PG and K2HAT like this.
  3. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

As Zack said, I have separate Certificates for 10,12,15,17,20,30, 40,80, Mixed, CW, Phone, Digital.

As for most people I got the "Mixed" first, before any single band had been earned, Dec. 2011.

I also have a 5BDXCC Plaque and have the 12,17,30m endorsement plates for that too.

I have not been good about adding all the endorsement stamps to my Certificates, but below is my DXCC Phone Certificate showing the 150 sticker.

upload_2017-12-23_9-3-15.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  4. W4LKR

W4LKR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the info and examples. I guess I am still having a mental block. What is the difference between endorsing the 5BDXCC and the standard DXCC? You mentioned having the DXCC award for 12m, and then also having the 12m endorsement for 5BDXCC. Are those two separate accomplishments or is it simply putting the same endorsement in two places?

5. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

The 5B DXCC, as presently set up, can only be endorsed for additional bands.

Not only can a DXCC certificate be endorsed for one band or mode, but the League maintains standings for the following bands and modes.
    http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-standings
    DXCC Award Paper Size Paper Size
    Mixed US Letter ISO A4
    Phone US Letter ISO A4
    CW US Letter ISO A4
    RTTY/Digital US Letter ISO A4
    Satellite US Letter ISO A4
    160 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    80 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    40 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    30 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    20 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    17 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    15 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    12 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    10 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    6 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    2 Meters US Letter ISO A4
    70 Centimeters US Letter ISO A4
    Challenge US Letter ISO A4
    Honor Roll US Letter ISO A4

Zack W1VT

6. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the 5BDXCC Plaque for 80 through 10. I have endorsements for DXCC on 12 and 17. Working on 160 and 30. May not live long enough to earn the 160 from my QTH and if I do it will be mixed with most Q's CW