Driving up and down the road

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by KG5WOI, Oct 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KG5WOI

KG5WOI Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a note to all the RV people out there traveling to warmer spots for the winter. tthere are a lot of truckers and other motorist monitor 146.520 when were Traveling out on the road, so if you get bored along the way Every once in a while give shout out you never know he might find, I ran into several RV folks just by calling out my callsign in the middle of nowhere .

2. AC0GV

AC0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

I drove 450 miles today, in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. I called more that 10 times around large cities, and never heard a thing.
    Please people, Always announce what freq you are on when you call and then wait for a response. I watched people call and change frequency all in the same breath.

KG5WOI and KA9JLM like this.
  3. KG5WOI

KG5WOI Ham Member QRZ Page

I traveled from Phoenix to Albuquerque today with no luck with any one coming back! Some days are better than others. I will keep calling out.

4. K0UO

K0UO Ham Member QRZ Page

I have for the last 50 years been listening to 146.52, there's less activity now than ever even in the beginning. But every once in awhile you run across a good QSO, I have to encourage everyone to put out a call every 40 or 50 miles you might run across a fellow ham.

KG5WOI likes this.
  5. WD5IKX

WD5IKX Ham Member QRZ Page

Mobile HF.....there is always someone to talk to.

KG5WOI likes this.