SOLD Drake R4C - Tech Special

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KO5V, Mar 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KO5V

KO5V XML Subscriber QRZ Page

S/N 18316. I bought this as a fixer-upper project for retirement, but I'm not going to get to it any time soon.

It is in good cosmetic condition. There are a few light few scratches, and the face is very nice. The chassis is not corroded, but it could use a good cleaning. There are some pencil markings for the extra XTALS shown through the little window by the XTAL switch.

The VFO dial and gears are loose on the PTO assembly. The gears are not broken. I emailed Ron, WB4HFN (the Drake guy), and he said this is a common problem that he fixes. I slowly powered it up on a Variac, and heard a hum on an external speaker that went away at full voltage. Unfortunately, that's all I heard, so the rig is sold as "DOA"

There are 4 crystal installed into sockets on the back of the rig, labelled: 29.1, 21.1, 20.6 and 12.6. In the center filter position, there is a "Heath Dynamics" filter that is labelled A0740, which should be a 500Hz filter.

I have a copy of the manual. I just shipped a similar size/weight radio to NJ, and the cost was ~$40.00

I am asking $170.00, shipped in the USA, OBO, and payment by PayPal. Please contact me by email at: ("mycall" at arrl dot net), or by a PM here.

I can email more pictures if someone wants to see something specific. Thanks for looking. 73, Jim KO5V
    HPIM0905.jpg

Attached Files:

KE9OL likes this.
  2. KO5V

I had a request for the S/N. It's the first thing in the above description: 18316

Thanks.

3. KO5V

Sold, please close the thread. Thanks!

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.