Drake 2B with Q-mult & speaker

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N8JEA, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N8JEA

N8JEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Drake 2B with matching Q-multiplier and speaker is available for $550 plus shipping. Has 2AC (100KC) crystal calibrator. Radio was on this morning and tested for receive with a long wire and I was copying local signals on 20M with ease. I have previously taken the radio apart and Deox-it'd the controls. There is still a little 'pop' when switching on the product detector. The three band-pass filter settings are quite nice. It's a very nice radio and in excellent condition. Defects noted include a gouge on the upper cabinet that has been filled with black paint by a previous owner; the chassis has some of the copper-chassis tarnish often seen on these radios (see photos). The Q-multiplier works but I have seldom used it when listening in the past. The Q-mult's cabinet is in good to excellent condition. The radio has it's original power cord & comes with a photocopy of the original Drake "Instruction book". Higher rez versions of the photos shown are available on request.

Crystals included are:
    • 11000.00 kc (40M)
    • 11500.00 kc
    • 12.600 Mc
    • 17.600 Mc
    • 18000.00 kc (20M)
    • 25000.00 kc (15M)
    • 25600.00 kc (10M middle segment)
    • 26.150 Mc
    • 35.00000 Mc
    You will remember that the 2B uses both the high and low (+ or - 4.1 megacycle) heterodynes for each crystal and the band markings on the radio are left-to-right or right-to-left dependingon which of the hets you are selecting.

Many hams remember the 2B. It was a Drake mainstay for a long time is a highly reliable, triple conversion superhet with sharp bandpass filtering to help the experienced amateur select individual signals from crowded bands. The design eschews complicated bandswitching arrangements in favor of a simple, reliable design based on crystal control. This example is in very good to excellent cosmetic and excellent working condition.

Will be double boxed, shipped insured for the whole value, you pay for shipping and insurance. I will remove the tubes and package them separately but I cannot guarantee that they will arrive working. Willing to ship anywhere IN THE U.S. ONLY. Payment by cashier's check, postal money orders. PayPal is O.K. but you will need to pay the fees (about $35 extra, I think). I can ship this any time next week or wait until after Christmas. It is very unlikely that the radio can be to you by Christmas. Photos are available on request. The radio is being offered AS IS without any warranty or guarantee whatsoever. My address is good in the callbook/QRZ. I'm moving overseas and can't take it with me. Please contact me through QRZ message or via my ARRL address. DE N8JEA

Attached Files:

2. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.