ad: MLSons-1

Donald Baucom, K4YND

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W8BE, Jul 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W8BE

W8BE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Donald Baucom, K4YND of Sterling Virginia passed away on July 13, 2017. He is survived by his Wife Eleanora, and two children Elizabeth and Lance. He will be missed.

WJ4U likes this.
  2. KC4DV

KC4DV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KC4DV post: I treasure the time we spent operating Portable, especially our NPOTA activation at Shenandoah National Park last September. Don was genuinely liked by everyone. He was an accomplished CW Operator, and inspired me to brush up my CW skills. I will miss Don tremendously. Rest In Peace, K4YND and 73 from your ham radio brother. Terry KC4DV

Don K4YND.PNG

WJ4U likes this.
  3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

Donald Baucom, K4YND SK

Donald Ralph Baucom Jr.
    April 24, 1963 - July 13, 2017

Obituary for Donald Ralph Baucom Jr.
    Donald Ralph Baucom, Jr., age 54, an accountant at Intermarkets, Inc., passed away at his Sterling, VA, home on Thursday, July 13. His death ended a courageous, eight-month battle with a rare form of cancer.

Don was a member of Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church of Potomac Falls, VA, and the Knights of Columbus. He was also active in the Loudon County amateur radio community, call sign K4YND. Additionally, he served as a coach in the county’s youth leagues for flag football and basketball.

He is survived by his wife of fifteen years, Eleanora Macorol Baucom; daughter Elizabeth Bernice; and son Lance Ralph. He is also survived by his mother Margaret; his father Donald, Sr.; sister Katherine Lane; and brother Richard.

A Mass will be held at 11:00 AM on Wednesday July 19, 2017 at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church 46639 Algonkian Parkway Potomac Falls, VA 20165. A visitation will be held on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Loudoun Funeral Chapel 158 Catoctin Circle SE Leesburg, VA 20175. Interment will follow the service in Leesburg Union Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers the family request donations be made to the Knights of Columbus.
    http://www.loudounfuneralchapel.com/obituaries/Donald-Baucom-2/#!/Obituary

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

K8PG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. N1CVX

N1CVX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

6. N1CVX

N1CVX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I met Don and his son, briefly, last year. He was a top notch guy and I'm incredibly saddened to hear of his passing.

Bob Brown, N1CVX

7. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I saw his some of his SK Sale at the Berryville Hamfest Sunday.
    I was glad that I found the table and display.

They had a framed photo of Don there to Honor his Memory.

upload_2017-8-9_8-9-11.png

KC4DV and (deleted member) like this.