Does Youkits sell any kits?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by N1OOQ, Apr 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
  1. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like everything is "fully assembled and tested".

2. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like the answer is NO.

Might be they no longer wish to deal with complaints about problems from "homebuilders".
    Might also be they have decided the risk of releasing technical data is to high vs the amount of real sales.

Don't forget, they had the HB-1B ripped off / cloned by another Chinese supplier at one point. SMD has, if not killed the kitting business, certainly reduced it significantly.

If you are looking for simple kits, there are several other outfits still selling.

3. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

QRPme.com is a good rescource for kit builders still.

4. VK3YE

VK3YE Ham Member QRZ Page

5. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Not really looking for anything in particular. Just perusing their website out of curiousity.

6. VA3QY

VA3QY Ham Member QRZ Page

You may want to check Softrock; I got the ensemble rx tx ii kit. very impressed with it. My first foray into SDR.

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Has MFJ killed the "Cub" kits ? I love mine and they WORK !

8. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Not answering your question but.....I had a very bad experience with youkits. My keyer stopped working, of course out of the warranty period and I was dead in the water. I contacted the main guy on the yahoo reflector. He promised assistance but never come through. He did offer another radio at a reduce cost, i will give him that much and it was out of warranty...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 at 2:14 PM