ad: elecraft

Does anyone know a IC746pro "mars" mod?

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KB5ECV, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB5ECV

KB5ECV Ham Member QRZ Page

Howdy,
    I have a new 746pro with a chip#hd6432357f.
    Many of the mods I read were for a different chip or a radio
    with some type of different board configuration.

If anyone has any ideas, please email me at the address
    listed at this site.

thanks,

Larry
    kb5ecv

2. WX1F

WX1F Ham Member QRZ Page

I am assumming you want to "Mod" your rig for 11 meters or Mars use. (or both)
    The components that are removed in order to "Mod" your rig are surface mount parts. A normal soldering pencil is too hot and to large to do this sort of fine work. So even if you know how to solder, I strongly suggest you forget attempting it without surface mount soldering skills and equipment. The rig works fine for every legal band you can possibly want and already listens around on 11 meters and Mars freqs. Why in the world risk it so that you can transmit on 11 meters and Mars with it. Last but not least...you should have a Mars license if you intend transmitting on any Mars freqs.

3. KC9AWD

KC9AWD Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW HAM POLICE STRIKE AGAIN BIG TIME
    [​IMG]

No where do I see this guy mention 11 meter NO WHERE! this section is for modification questions sheesh

You can contact ICOM to modify the radio as it is LEGAL to do so and it is even legal to do so IF YOU ARE NOT A MARS OPERATOR so you can use the radio on 60 meter.

Try here,
    http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=2280

Have fun with YOUR RADIO [​IMG]

4. KC9AWD

Also depending on where you bought the radio they can give you the modification. Gigaparts even advertises it on their web page.

5. KB5ECV

Well you assumed wrong. I can't use the rig on 60m unless it is opened up. I have a cb for 11m if I want to use it. I seem to remember that I was asking for info on and not your ASSumation.

Anyways, the prob with the mod listed on many websites is that I have a different board configuration than the one listed
    on many sites. The DK site shows a different chip where the resistors are to be removed and I was curious if that would matter...???

6. KC9AWD

That mod should work on your rig,,,,,,, if you would feel better I would call Gigaparts (866) 535-4442 Toll Free (US) and tell them your wanting to operate on 60 meter on your Pro and you want to confirm the mod.

Have fun [​IMG]

7. KC9AWD

8. KB5ECV

[​IMG] Thanks to those that helped...it works!

9. VK2XXL

VK2XXL Ham Member QRZ Page

ALLOW ME[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.