ad: Alphaant-1

Do the data portions of the ham bands need rearranged?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AC3DB, Jun 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You seem to have a different definition for 'pirate' in the ham radio context. In ham radio a pirate is usually a fake operation with a fake callsign. They bloom like crocuses when there's a big DX-pedition going on.
    You're describing 'a**hole' not 'pirate'.

2. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

He’s a Pirate? Only if he can pitch!

AD5HR likes this.
  3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I agree. The last straw was the FT8 LIDS running on the ARP CW portions, of both 40 and 20.

That said I don't think reorganizing the band plan will help much with LIDS And yes most of them are LIDS, never read the manual, don't understand the mode, running waaaay too much power, don't listen so don't hear anything already running like CW and Olivia etc bleah.

4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I speak English. LOL

5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's poor practice and in violation of the rules (maybe, depending on the exact circumstances), but it doesn't make him a pirate, and the FCC is definitely not gonna be knocking on his door. :D

6. W4NNF

Yep, I'm on CW most days (and nights). The problem right now ain't "encroachment," it's too little activity much of the time except during contests.

Right, there are no specific allocations for specific digital modes, and the FCC sure ain't gonna get involved in that. ;)

7. W4NNF

It could be, but so what? It's just "suggestions," just a gentleman's agreement. I doubt the FT8 ops would agree to be moved to the top of the CW segment, for example. ;)

8. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

can you clarify, are you say there is too little CW activity?

9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I was on 40m two nights ago and the band was mostly filled with cw every 2 kHz from 7018 to 7050. I see a big circle-jerk scenario where a guy with a compromised antenna uses FT-8 but tries to judge CW activity with that setup.

10. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

that's why i was asking... 40m CW has been crowded!