DMR Activity?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W5WN, Mar 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. W5WN

Doug, does that give you complete caller ID? I haven't loaded any contacts to my MD-380 yet.

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Something worth noting is that some repeaters in DFW may not have all of the same talk groups as other repeaters in the area -- although some of the lists of repeaters / talk groups may be outdated / incomplete / incorrect.

Also note if a talk group is listed as PTT, you will need to key up on that talk group before the repeater will transmit (allow you to hear) any traffic from that talk group. And in the DFW area, you may find a commonly-used talk group number with a different name listed on the other time slot.

You should be able to use one of those links I posted previously to monitor a particular repeater and see what talk groups are used, versus what is published. The BFDX (Connect Systems) handheld units have a feature which allows you to program in only the frequency of the repeater and hear and see the poop on any talk group that is active, as well as lock onto them and talk.

W5WN likes this.
  4. W5WN

Thanks, I will look into what you posted. It's getting a little more complicated. Maybe we could experiment a little?

5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm usually free in the evenings, and can throw one of the radios in the car and hit at least one repeater on the way home from work.

6. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Database Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep... Name, Call, City, State etc. I usually run the update weekly.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

W5WN likes this.
  7. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

You sure about that? The 380 only holds 1000 contacts max.

8. KD4MOJ

Loading the experimental firmware, the sky is the limit!

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

9. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, that explains it. Haven't tried that yet.
    Which firmware are you using?

10. KD4MOJ

It's the MD380-Tools ver 2017-0124. Basically you put the linux image in an Oracle Virtual box and it boots up automatically with a menu. After flashing the firmware, you then download and flash the user list. All this is through the menu so you don't have to know any linux commands. I'll attach the document on how to do this.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

Attached Files:

WE0IRD likes this.