Dispute

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N3AB, Apr 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Well that is not right. They let scammer get away with it but not you just trying to send some money to someone to help a church.
    UnluckyFoolishAfricanclawedfrog-max-1mb.gif

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just set up Zelle at your bank and you can avoid PayPal's sniggly little rules and their fees. Zelle does not charge a fee to either party.

3. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Bob, Is there an "s" in the puzzle? :p

4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Multiple....
    Ymmv

5. KM4HGU

KM4HGU Ham Member QRZ Page

You have the address, and you said he's 30 min away. Pay him a visit, and swap the radio, for money. easy peasy. But I think you've allowed that ship to sail.

W3ESE likes this.
  6. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I waved goodbye to the boat. I got my money back. Lost 8 bucks in shipping costs. But compared to college tuition, the 8 bucks I spent was a cheap price to pay to learn a lesson.

7. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't feel badly. We all continue to pay tuition long after college is over. You did everything right, including not paying him a visit. The picture was clearly designed to deceive and you were being kind and considerate regarding his new baby. Some of us are quick to find fault because hindsight is so convenient. Sorry this happened to you, but we now know what kind of person he is and I hope everyone avoids him like the plague. Thank you for sharing.

N3AB likes this.
  8. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

John I am not certain where you may be at this point regarding you claim. There are two possibilities here, since PayPal can be both a card issuer OR a broker. Depending upon which they are in your circumstance will determine your options if it is necessary to move forward. If payment was made via PayPal, without it being a card issued from them, your contract for dispute may be filed with your card holder company, also if necessary . So, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of the PayPal investigation you have a additional option available to you. The negative balance he sees reflects the current status of his funds availability until the investigation is resolved. It does not reflect a refund to you, yet. Considering this is a older post of several days I will not detail procedure any further until you mention it is necessary. I hope this helps a bit, 73 Rich

9. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Rich. Thanks for the note. I received a refund from Paypal, and although Paypal made no mention of returning the radio, I returned it anyway. So I'm out the return shipping (less than 10 bucks). I'm OK with that. All I requested was the return of my payment.

Now I have another person who bought an item from me but provided a Paypal address which USPS says is not valid. Buyer supplied a similar address, but USPS rejects it. I didn't want to ship to an address not provided by Paypal, so I refunded the payment. Buyer says he still wants the radio, but claims Paypal is holding up the refund. My PP account states the refund was issued. Buyer claims he would make second payment by 4/18, which didn't happen.

I'm going to back away from this one too. Waiting for my 7 day grace period to end, so I can relist on QRZ.

They say bad things happen in threes. Can't wait for the next "surprise".

Thanks again for your info and support Hope you and your family have a nice Easter Holiday weekend.

73, John N3AB

W9RAC likes this.