ad: QSKLLC-1

Differences between QRZ Logbooks V1 and V2

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by AA7BQ, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry. The original migration failed, a new migration has been performed. Check your logbook again, has 418 records now.

2. WA6CAL

WA6CAL Ham Member QRZ Page

After having read through all the previous messages, I have to chime in to commend the writers of the V2 logger. I love the new GUI and I will continue to use it as my primary logger program. I simply do not understand what all the complaining is about - you simply enter your QSO and you are done. And if you use a different logger, simply upload the ADIF file and you are done. If you don't like the massages (I do), then turn them off. Jeez.

3. KL3OB

KL3OB Ham Member QRZ Page

While I am very new to elogging, and I have only used V2, I fail to see what is time consuming. While I am in a QSO, I simple type the other guys call sign in the member lookup field, which I would always do to see who I am talking to. As long as its a valid call sign, the members info pops right up, then I simple click the "log a contact" icon, and its done. So I type a call sign, then make one more mouse click. What system is out there that takes less time than this? I must be missing something.

On another note, I think I did lose the few contacts I had waiting for me to confirm. I saw them flash past when setting up the V2 logbook, have not seen them since.

KL3OB

4. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you're probably referring to the QSL card images we flash on the screen while you're migrating. Those are not requests for confirmation, just something to look at while the data is converted to V2 for you.

5. AA1SU

AA1SU Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred,
    When I switched over to the new log book, all of my old unconfirmed QSOs went away. I take it that this is normal because of the double blind confirmation process?

Paul AA1SU

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes. The only records that will migrate are those you had personal involvement (outgoing and incoming confirmed).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.