Differences between QRZ Logbooks V1 and V2

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by AA7BQ, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Each party has its own logbook and each must enter a record of the QSO, not necessarily at the same time. QSO records are no longer shared but stand alone when entered in a logbook (same as for a written logbook).

When either party enters a QSO record (regardless of when), the system automatically determines if a worked party's record exists that matches by callsigns, band. mode and UTC date/time within a 30 minute window. If so, the system automatically marks each as confirmed. If not, it sits waiting until a match arrives. When a match arrives a private message is issued so notifying. These messages can be disabled at My Account - Logbook Options (pop up menu at callsign at right end of blue bar).

See: http://files.qrz.com/static/qrz/lbv2guide.pdf

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your kind words!

The new system does something that the old system didn't do: It looks for confirmations. The old system relied on people to confirm contacts and therein was the least reliable part of the process.

3. K4CMC

K4CMC Ham Member QRZ Page

As can be seen by the below listed comments at least as many people are complaining about the new software as think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Kind of reminds me of the comments about the Obamacare website.

N1CI That's really NOT cool! Since a lot of DXers, who work many, many stations at one sitting, will not take the time to log each and every contact for confirmation! They will simply ignore the request and move on!!!! Before, it was easy, just a matter of clicking a box to confirm. Most of my confirmed contacts were from the old version, the new one is a PAIN and no one is taking the time to confirm, by laboring to enter the contact info all over on their side! THIS is a MAJOR FAIL, and sadly; I'm very disappointed! Sorry to say, and I know you worked hard on it, but its NOT working for me!!!!!!
    KI4CLZ -I don't like this function.... sometimes I don't feel like logging everything... and neither do other people... sometimes people will add a log entry, on their end, and I wouldn't... I used to just click the "confirm QSO" button of the ones I remembered... now no dice... so I guess using your "improved" log book, less and less people will confirm QSO's, because we have to have all of them logged on both ends... this is not an improvement but a digression...
    just when I was getting to like the logbook too...
    have we come this far....? Seriously... It's not kids with cancer... "Double Blind"...? -sigh-we got a saying where I come from... Don't fix it if it ain't broken...pity...

AE8O- I really have to agree that the new log is not cool. It now has become labor intense and who wants to first look at requests to confirm and then have to enter that info into the log on your end. To make it worse information on the contact is not there either. For me now the only reason to use Qrz is to get beam headings as to fully use it's features have now become to much of a hassle.
    Ae8o
    Tom

I am so confused by V2 I cannot see me bothering with it at all. I use DXLabs normally when operating, I use a QSL manager only and eQSL for those who want a confirmation that way but LoTW is now just too time consuming and confusing. I uploaded my ARRL contest log from N1MM and now I have a mess to deal with and I am sorry but I am finding LoTW lacks any intuitive information on what actions I need to take.

I love my on air activity and I don't want to spend hours trying to figure out what to do with logging on LoTW.

Gary

Since I won't be using the new version for a 1000 reasons, how do I stop getting messages from it? Jimmy, WX9DX
    9A3VV- Give me Logbook Version 1 back, please! New one is pure disaster

4. W0ZF

W0ZF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, I get that Fred - and it would make perfect sense IF i had uploaded any QSOs to the logbook...but I haven't. As far as I know, I've never entered or uploaded any of my contacts into the QRZ logbook. The only contacts I'd expect to show as Confirmed would be the three that I manually confirmed back in the v1 days.
    I suppose it's possible that I did try uploading some Qs once upon a time, but I don't remember ever doing so, and I can find no way to tell.
    73, Dave

5. W5ICK

W5ICK Ham Member QRZ Page

Please bring back the "sender locate button" for the V2 logbook. I am a mobile and without this feature, this logbook is pretty much useless...

6. W8EDW

W8EDW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry guys. I know you worked hard on the new log... BUT the new version is just too time consuming!!
    I loved the version one. Ok maybe some people didn't really check all qso's but this new version takes all of the fun out of working on your log book. I think all would love it if you just brought back V1. Thanks for listening!

7. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Ed,

I'm confused about this. What is so time consuming? In V1 you would enter a QSO and the other party would have to then manually compare their home logbook to the incoming QSO to ensure each of the data points matched, and then click confirm.

With V2, all you have to do is enter the QSO. That is it. If it matches, it is confirmed automatically. What takes so much more time?

If the only time consuming part of the process is the fact that you actually have to log the contact, then I apologize, but this is no different than a paper log, or a local electronic log.

One benefit, however is that V2 allows ADIF import for everybody, no subscription required, so if you use a logbook application on your PC, you can import the QSOs directly into QRZ without retyping them.

Alex

8. KB4QQJ

KB4QQJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I did the same thing. I never really used V1 but had some 400+ contacts there. When I did the conversion I have no contacts?? Where did they go? I have people all of a sudden askking me to confirm a contact and I don't see it. I suppose I could go back to my logging program and try to confirm but that seems time consuming.

Have I missed something in the conversion?

Randy_KB4QQJ

9. 9A7PJT

9A7PJT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm very disappointed with this new logbook . . . Sorry , I know you worked hard on it, but its NOT working for me . . .

73 PJT

10. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Works great for me and informs me I have contacts in 60 different countries. Maybe the difference between me and those who don't like V2 is that I habitually enter my QSOs either just after I have finished the contact, or later on when I copy it out of my paper log. As my paper log is my primary log, thats fine by me.

Maybe its tricky for those that have 10,000 contacts in a month, but thats not me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.