Did Morse Code Kill Ham Radio?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4XKE, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You must be operating spark gap if you don't know how to turn a knob. [​IMG]

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

It's how loud you hear some clown named "Michael Gayne." Sheesh. Don't you "SEE DUBYA" guys know nuthin'? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. W4CBJ

W4CBJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey guys, thanks for the compliment. As a matter of fact, at our last QCWA meeting in St. Pete, FL the topic was "spark transmitters" given by Ben W4BT. John W4ACG has spark transmitter and I took some pix of it. I thought it might get us some national publicity if we went on the air, calling SOS. Maybe the FCC would have their 'ears on'....Or we could play our theme song on the air...say 20 meters...Lots of interesting possibilities...What do you think ?
    QCWA member. 73 Joe W4CBJ

4. AC0UU

AC0UU Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL - I hope you're kidding.

Steve

5. WA9SVD

That usually requires a lathe in a machine shop, or... (On second thought, let's not get into adolescent vernacular.)

WHat do you mean by "turn a knob?" they are all supposed to be turned full clockwise, right? How else can you be heard?

{{SARCASM OFF}}}

6. WA9SVD

indubitably, and Obliviously.

7. WA9SVD

Now, THERE is an interesting concept! Modulating a spark gap transmitter to play your club's theme song! With a 20 Meter wide signal. Hmmm.

I'm gonna hafta think 'bout that one... [​IMG]

8. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, here's what you do:

Press and hold the radio's FUNC button, SELECT knob to menu item 1, and reset the extended menu option to "OFF" ... Menu item 61 is has several settings for controlling the mike gain.

9. WA9SVD

Menu item?

Oh yeah. Can you super-size that and get it with fries?

10. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not without the special faceplate and Q43O23445OPNT1 mod. Tweezers cost extra. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.